In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Maurice party

On Friday night, I had a "Splurge" party at Maurice, which is a store at our local mall. I like the store because they have all sizes of clothes, they are nice looking clothes no matter what size, and the sales staff are very helpful. If you have a splurge party you get 30% off of your total purchase, and everyone that attends gets 15% off. They provide the drinks and snacks.
I've been updating my wardrobe, little by little, and decided instead of buying clothes at 2nd hand stores and garage sales, I'd give a real store a go at it! So, the first thing my cousin Gloria does when we get there, before the party even starts...


was knock over this mannequin. And my Sister promptly said, "this is why I invited friends, not family." You see I invited a few family members. They, in turn, started inviting people. So I did not remind the few friends I invited about the party because of two reasons. You're only supposed to have 4-10 people there, and there wasn't enough dressing rooms for everyone. I didn't know the people I invited were going to start inviting people...they just kind of started telling me little by little that they did. I didn't mind, I just needed to know so we didn't have too many people in the store. I had twelve people there, I invited five. You get the same discount no matter how many people show up.

Can't take Gloria anywhere! Funny thing, no one helped her put the mannequin back. We just all stood there watching her wreck havoc and I started taking pics. I wish I had taken more pics, but I was busy with clothes.

Mom had fun but decided the clothes weren't for her, so she left a bit early. She really just wanted to come and visit with all of our family....My Sister attended, and six of my cousins.



Vickie's not liking this shirt....but in the end she was dancing in the dressing room hall, happy after finding a couple of outfits!
I liked the shirt on her though.

Gloria saying good-bye to Mom (Below) Jolisa, My Sister's friend in the background. Jolisa bought an entire new wardrobe and was happy all the way home! My Sister said she even was hoping that her husband was still up so she could model for him. You see, these parties are after hours. So we were there from 9:00 - 11:00 p.m. That's another reason to keep the people at a minimum. We ran over, and the cash registers had to be closed by 11:30.

Here's cousin Ashley, Vickie's daughter. She's getting ready for a trip to the Cayman Islands and had to find some new stuff to wear. She did!

Below is my skinny little sister. Little as in younger, and little as in much littler than me. I shouldn't like her but I do :) She found a dress to wear to her daughter's first communion. I like Jolisa's top here. It's beachy looking.

Here is cousin Danielle...She's lost 130 Pounds!!!!!

And her mom Diana who is trying on a cami over a sweatshirt. It probably goes without saying she is Gloria's sister! My cousin. Seriously Diana.

Everyone had a good time, and in the end, I had to go back the next day to get my clothes, because we simply ran out of time.
When I got home I walked in the door and said, "Rickieeee, I saved us a hundred and fifty dollars!"
Cindy Bee

7 comments:

  1. Don't you love it when it turns into a big thing you didn't expect? My friend invited her mom and her sister to my birthday party without asking me first. It's getting bigger and bigger each day and I am worried I won't have enough gift bags!

    I've never heard of a splurge party. That's a great promotional idea for stores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time. I'm laughing about the mannequin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great time. The stores must love the extra ch-ching in this times.
    Mannequin like the attention on them...maybe it was her fault. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom is a cutie pie. LOOK at that smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had big fun! I don't think we have parties like that here in the south. But then again I rarely go shopping for myself too. Maybe they do. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol "saved us $150. dollars"

    Oh Lucy!!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy