In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Let the sales begin!

In spite of the cold weather, a couple of brave homeowners decided they were going to have a garage sale. My friend Teresa and I went. I got a box of stuff for $5.55.



Wanna see what's in the box?


OK...


This footed bowl for $1.00! I have some dishes that match this bowl.



(the dishes are stored in my basement)

I put my hand in the bowl to give you an idea of how big it is.



I got this for a dime. If I ever lose any weight, I might wear skirts again. {sigh}



This is just one of those little metal recipe boxes. I figured I might do something crafty with it some day. Plus I liked the color.


A whole bunch of wooden stuff. Sometimes my Shug likes to use this stuff.


Three spring form pans for $2.00! They are different sizes, so the cakes would stack. These are great for cheesecake.



This pyrex gravy boat.



Again just liked the color and the flowers are cute. I'm sure I'll think of something I can do with it besides....store it in the basement!

I got this bag of craft stuff for 50 cents.

It had all kinds of goodies in it.


Some of the stuff came from Ben Franklin. We don't have a Ben Franklin anymore in Kokomo. I miss it. I loved that store. It had EVERYTHING!


I saw the cutest thing the other day made with these 'pearls'.



That's it....There were just a couple of sales....it was fun.

Now I gotta get busy and get this house cleaned up.


Cindy Bee

9 comments:

  1. Wowza....great day of sailing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your loot looks like some very good stuff.
    Story.....one time I made a cheesecake in a spring form pan. Took it to my sisters. While trying to open the pan, standing in the middle of the room, yapping.....it opened and dropped on to the floor. I started to cry and grabbed my stuff and left the party. Bad day for me.

    So lesson learned...stop yammering and open the spring form pan on a counter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh boy you did gooooood real good! I love the white bowl and that green and white dish and saucer. Looks like a huge gravy boat, but I'm sure someone smarter than me knows what it is. Anyway great finds glad you went out in spite of the snow threats and cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the springform pans you gotta know as a real true german I make my own cheese cake so these would be great.plus I really need new ones again..lol.. Did ya hear about the 1-2 inches tonite??? gonna stay up and watch to see if it happens...lol.. you got some great deals, Enjoy,,Hugs from Indiana..Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cleaned pretty good a couple years ago and went the grab bag route with crafty and misc stuff. People snatched it up. That is what we will do on the next sale. In the next millennium. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great haul! I love it when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ronda - Main thing...we had fun.

    Jul - LOL...I wonder if you might have been pms'ing a tad!

    Wanda - It is a gravy boat. I should have put my hand over the gravy boat so you could see the size of it. It's not that big, about the size of my hand.

    Birgit - Go to bed - it ain't happenin'!
    YEars and years ago I used to make those box cheesecakes. blech...I've made the real thing too and they are soooo good.

    Angela - I love those grab bags!

    Clara - I love it too. But more than that I enjoy the time with friend(s)having fun. You doing ok?

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember Ben Franklin. I wonder if they are still around anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol waiiit a minute here, isnt your latest post about packing and discarding? lol

    But I love them springform pans - good things come out of those!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy