In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Monday, March 28, 2011

I'm a hoarder......



Ok - most of you know my Shug and I are building a house. You can watch the progress here


And this is the look I want to go for in our new house. I love these books....and here's a few pages in them...







Love this afghan. already bought the yarn to make it!


It's in the basement









So, yesterday my phone rings and when I answer the voice says...."Cindy Bee, this is blah blah's phone.....what are you doing?" "Blah Blah's phone? Not her, but her phone....OK......Well, I'm sitting here looking at these boxes feeling a bit overwhelmed." "OK" Blah Blahs's friend says, "we'll be there in 15 minutes." "Okaaayyyyy"


It looks like I'm going to have a party with all of these alcohol boxes, but the liquor store is the only place that would give me boxes. What a pain in the keester it is to get boxes now a days....."Call back on Tuesday at 4:00.....call on Wednesday morning.....come in on Friday afternoon and see if we have any...." I told all of these businesses that I live five minutes away and if they would call me, I'd just come and get them, but no, they have to break them down and recycle them. I WANT TO RECYCLE THEM BY USING THEM!


So anyway, my friends(?) come over and I show them the above books. And I tell them I need to start packing what I want to keep and what I want to get rid of, but I don't know where to start. THEY get up out of their chairs and start taking stuff off of my walls and shelves! I have NO pictures left on my walls. They said none of my current pics will go with my new look.



When I asked if I had to get rid of this one(below) they said yes. I said, but it's beachy/cottage. One of them quickly said, "put it in an album." The other one apologized but it had to go. When I said, "I MADE THAT! I wrote in the sand, I took the pics...." they backtracked, started stumbling all over their words and said.......'well it'll probably go in your new house...."


But the fake greenery you have all over this house....it's out of here.....


And they started taking it down.


This is what's left.



Then they told me this tree has to go. Now, this tree looks bad, but I have hope. And it has a story. The first time My Shug and I stayed in Charleston, SC, he took a fruit off of a tree and I planted the seed inside it. This grew from it. It was beautiful until last summer. I think it got too hot and dry.....(one of them mumbled something about seeds and kids........)



I think it just needs some good summer sunshine and it'll grow leaves again and come out of it's blight. And it is part of the reason I have fake greenery. Yes I am a Master Gardener...but indoor house plants are not my thing. I put it outside every summer.


Does it have to go blogger friends?


Then they told me the stuffed animals have to go. Now, I don't have stuffed animals in the main part of the house....'cept for this, which I showed you the other day. Twas a gift.

One of them offered me 76 cents for it!


Now these animals are above the stairs....and they said the whole thing has to go. My Shug's Uncle made the quilt rack and those animals are gifts mostly...how do you get rid of gifts?




Like this musical picture that has a special saying about Sisters. My brother got it for me and they said he won't even remember it. Is that true? Will it hurt his feelings if I let it go?

The entire time they were taking stuff down they just kept telling me...no more fake greenery and they filled up a bag!


I put the skids to them when they tried to take these pics down.....
I mean...the whole color scheme for my kitchen was based on these pics....
See how I pulled the color out of the picture for the walls.....
They said the pics HAVE TO GO. They said they would be ok if they were in the first apartment that I had....but not now! So I told them I was going to ask my blogger buddies.


What do you all think....do the pics need to go?


Then they opened the door to this room. "GAAAHHHH!!!!" They said in unison!


Just wait until they see this.....


Sadly, it is not a picture uot of a book. But they say the first step to a problem is admitting it.

I am a hoarder and I need your help.

My "friends(?)" are coming back tomorrow morning. But I need you to help me decide what I should get rid of and what I should keep for my new look. I'm not sure I can trust them. When I went to say good-bye, and walked them out...THIS (GASPING FOR BREATH HERE) was in the driver's car!!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! IT'S FAKE!

So bloggers tell me.....stay or go


Charleston Plant

Sister musical pic from Brother


Stuffed animals (one of those dolls was made out of a pillow case that my deceased grandmother embroidered-by the way-just sayin')

Tea and coffee pictures

Fake greenery


......I'll be back in the next day or two with more decisions I'll need help with...PLEASE!


Hoarder Cindy Bee {sigh}

15 comments:

  1. Speedway gas stations will usually save large boxes for you if you catch them on a stocking day. That's where we got a lot of ours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vintage girl, I will go to Speedway and ask them to save some boxes. You aren't going to comment on the keep and get rid of stuff? I was especially waiting for you (and one other blogger person) since you are such the decorating guru's.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. O....M....G....
    Joey.........call 911!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhhh....now now....Bee. Your comfy cottage/beach/shabby chic......will prevail.
    Have no fear .....RJs here

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about the greenery, gotta go! Ha! you really are mom. Have you seen the greenery above her windows!! Stuffed animals, gotta go! Put the pillow case doll in your hope chest. That is where I put mine. Safe and sound.
    I do read your blog, still..........That lamb is just too cute, whoever made it. Probably someone in china :) Wonder if they went to a felt class?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Martha - you better be nice to me or I'm going to sell your autographed picture I have on E-bay.

    RJ - I'm having fear....can't help it.

    Anonymous Sister - First of all, MOM did it AFTER I did. As a matter of fact, I think she got the greenery from me. You don't know these people that are intervening...they'll want to get rid of my hope chest...then what! And I'm sure those 10 year old Chinese children DID go to felting class....as you should. Think of all the stuffed animals you could make - and give me :)

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Cindy Bee, It's a very difficult thing to admit but some stuff has to go. Try to be focused on your new beautiful home that is a new start for you a hubs.

    All has to go, but I would save grandmothers piece...just like sis said - china cabinet is a good idea.

    Now off to good will with all your offerings, where they will be loved again by someone new.

    Good luck sista girl....we're hear for you.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. On a positive note....I love the books and the new look you are going for. It's very 'IN' right now.

    Also love the soon to be yours afghan. Just lovely.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG well if u love it you should keep it!!! the gift from grandma u must keep. don't b pressured into making a decision u will regret later.
    the boxes just let me know i can save them for you.
    good luck tmrw. marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cindy:::Yes start with NEW stuff for the house BUT save some of the old:::after all it does have some meaning & that is what you build your new house on! IF it has true meaning:::
    I have gotten rid of more stuff all the time:::less to clean:::less to move::::and means a cleaner and quicker clean for the house~!
    Besides when you decorate new house YOU can always toss when it doesn't go with the rooms later::::::::JUST DON'T KEEP EVERYTHING
    gloria

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you don't have to have any of it but having it makes you who you are??? Right?? So dispose of what you can part with and keep the rest, but maybe find it new resting places in your home??? Definitely keep those beautiful pictures.. :) Debb
    I am kind of a hoader too.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep I’d say time for fake greenery to go. But for the tree you have grown from seed to stay! You may be asking the wrong person as I am kinda a sentimental hoarder myself, but, I think the kitchen kettle and teapot pictures should stay and maybe go inside a pantry closet. I know for me the last time I moved the more I had to pack the more I was ok with letting go. That was a whole new thing I had never experienced before.

    For the recorded nothing wrong with buying one of those boxes full – wink wink

    Thanks for you note on my blog I up dated it to fit with Jenny Matlocks alphabet letter Y and added another story. I just love the things that come out of the mouths of kids.

    Remember lift with your knees not your back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh gee I hope I am not too late. I packed up a house three years ago that we had lived in for 28 years. I got rid of a lot. But my hubs built me an awesome potting shed that housed some of my old pictures and nick nacks that were sentimental to me. So when I packed I boxed up some things that I just could not get rid of but hope that when hubs builds me a new awesome potting shed/play house I can use them again. Box your favorites up and if you do not find a home for them in your new house within a couple of years then you can get rid of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfectly lovely ideas you have for your new place soon but I have to say that is so funny having the "girls" strip the place of fake stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoa,I think you might be going about this alll wrong - packing when transitioning to new decor/new home usually involves a BIIG bottle of pinot grigio or gallons of that swedish pear cider, couple of bags of cadbury eggs, those gray plastic tubs you buy at maul-start, and A & E Hoarders on the laptop while you pack: this must all be done at 1 am in the morning on sporadic evenings, ISOLATED...seriously you dont want to involve others - its hazardous this mental deciphering of keeps or donate to unfortunate decorating hoarders who go to thrift stores (*meekly raises hand* but then I have donated enough to be there in the first place...something tells me you have too...hmmm?) anyhow A & E therapist can talk you through it if you imagine that they are talking to you...

    that way friends stay friends. Nothing like someone tossing something that you later find that you need - everytime you see them you will think about that particular item, not hearing them tell you about their dog passing on or their husband leaving them but thinking of that darned stinkin' item...its not fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy