In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Friday, December 3, 2010

Pets and Hats!

I received a phone call yesterday from someone I know who is on vacation in Florida. Without going into detail, she asked me if I would go to our local Animal Shelter. I went.

For some reason this week, animals, shelters, and pets have been coming at me from everywhere.
  • The dog in the paper that didn't work out
  • The phone call for the unplanned trip to the shelter
  • The city farmgirl, Rebekah Teal, just recently tried to foster an animal from a local shelter. She actually had a good idea, but it just didn't work out. (my link won't work but her blog is listed to the right, check out A Mark on my Heart)
Maybe the reason is just to write this post, to encourage you to get your next pet from the shelter.

Just look at these faces.



















Unfortunately, those are not even half of the pets in one building.
Now for my Christmas post.....I'm getting my nieces this weekend. This pic is five years ago, when I learned to knit! hehe

Merry Christmas,
Cindy

5 comments:

  1. I miss my kitties, when we moved we sent them to live with another family...I know they are happy where they are, but I sure do miss them. I'd love to get a puppy...and a kitty,,,probably more than 1..
    Blessings,
    ~Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ronda,
    They have both, puppies and kitties, at our pound right now. I was going to call it a Humane Society in my post, but I think Animal Shelter describes it better :-(
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...I love little baby animals...I wish none of them had to be there. Makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Queen,

    I sent my husband there today and he came home teary eyed. He said he always wanted another airedale, but now he thinks it is more important to get a dog from the shelter instead. Maybe Royal Dog needs his own Assistant!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey I saw a nice turd in the Beagle Photo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy