In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ornament Extravaganza!!!

Can you guess what these ornaments have in common?


This one is punch needle


punch needle (unfinished - needs cut out and backing)

Wool trees that I'm making this cute little woodsy scene with.
More wool ornaments that I just finished.

Rug punch


needle felted wool

sewing

punch needle (still need to cut it out and put a backing on these)




Rug Punch Santa Claus
So, did you guess what they have in common? They are all hand made. Some of these were gifts and some of them I made. The best part is when I take them out of the box to put on the tree, I think of the person that gave it to me, or I think of what I was doing, or who I was with, where I was, when I made it. And I've made some for gifts. I like hand made ornaments.
And why am I showing all of these to you? Because this Saturday the Granny Bees will be having their third annual Ornament Extravaganza! I'll be there in the morning and part of the afternoon. I have to leave early to attend a wedding.
Below is part of an e-mail I copied from Beth, our stitchery group leader. She likes to call her self the Queen bee, but....ahem.....anyway, read on and if you live close to Kokomo, IN, come over and spend the day with us.

IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR FOR OUR 3RD ANNUAL "ORNAMENT EXTRAVAGANZA" HELD IN THE GENTRY HOMESTEAD, 119 KINGSTON ROAD KOKOMO, IN ON SATURDAY DECEMBER 11, 2010, 9AM-6PM

COME FOR A SHORT TIME OR THE WHOLE DAY AND TRY YOUR HAND AT PAINTING, NEEDLE FELTING, STITCHING, HOOKING, OXFORD PUNCH & PUNCH NEEDLE EMBROIDERY AND CREATE SOME ORNAMENTS! BUY SOME KITS TO TAKE HOME AND START A NEW TRADITION WITH YOUR FAMILY & FRIENDS! WE WILL SERVE COFFEE, TEA, HOT CHOCOLATE & COOKIES FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT! ...
AND AS ALWAYS BRING YOUR BASIC SEWING SUPPLIES & SCISSORS!!!
THE BITTERSWEET CABIN WILL ALSO BE OPEN FOR THOSE LAST MINUTE PRIMITIVE PURCHASES!
Merry Christmas,
Cindy

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...Perhaps, i will stop by for a little
    Q & A. This....Beth....person...hehe....Who does she think she is? BTW....I like the owls the best and the old letter to Santa second

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wool tree's and Owls are too cute! They are all lovely - how do you do needle punch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ornaments are just gorgeous Cindy!! What a lovely idea - I must, must, must make myself some of those owls (from the fa la la la felt book) before Christmas. I have a little pile of the 'winter critter portraits' (page 17) cut out and have started stitching, but must move onto the owls next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ornaments are gorgeous. I love them all. The wool trees are my faves--what a great idea and so pretty. Love the owls too. I need some owls for my woodland tree--these are wonderful :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy