In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lucy's yarn bag!

I know, I said I was going to do a post on "Winner winner chicken dinner", and I will, later. But I need your opinion on something. I always do this when I crochet. I doubt myself when I'm well into the project.



You see, I started as a knitter, and I do still knit, a little. But I see all this cute stuff out there in blogland with crochet. And I just want to make it! And crochet is fun. But being new at it, I sometimes don't think straight. So, I started making the "Lucy Yarn Bag" which is what I am calling it. And I am already 12 rows up the sides.

Then I realized it is looking pretty darn big! You see, I never thought to measure. I was so excited to get started on it, not believing I was actually doing it, and I just made 14 rows for the bottom of the bag, like Lucy did. I should have realized that 14 rows is not all the same. So my bag is big!


Then yesterday my MIL came over, who used to be an avid crocheter, and I asked what she thought. She said to go with it. She said it's big, but you want it to hold a lot of yarn and a project. So I kept crocheting.

Then I started doubting myself again. So I asked Lucy herself. And she replied, bless her heart! I asked the dimension of the bottom of her bag. Her bag is 28 cm across. So, being a USA person,and not knowing much about cm's, except for the Math that I helped the boys with when I watched them (up to the 5th grade that is) I got out the cm ruler we used to use and started measuring.....and counting...and measuring...and counting. And it appears my bag is 12 cm's bigger than hers across the bottom. Which sounds like a lot. But for you American peeps, it's only about 4 3/4 inches.






So what do you think....the bottom of the bag starts with the center and goes to the edge of the white row. The side of the bag starts with the blue. Should I keep on crocheting ....




or make it smaller?













Cindy Bee

4 comments:

  1. omg i can leave a comment ....darn blogger . luv the bag cindy.hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep it as is Cindy, it's only s teensy bit bigger than mine. In my experience, the bag looks large and baggy when it's empty but it's a fantastic size for holding plenty of yarn plus a project in progress.
    By the way, I think your colour choices are super, it's looking beautiful!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stick with it Cindy. I agree with Lucy - you just can't have too big a bag for yarn!! If you're still doubting - put some of your yarn stash in it now and see how quickly you fill it up - it'll help you to see what it might look like finished :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy