In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Crafty stuff

I thought I['d show you some crafty stuff I've been doing lately. See this....


it's a coaster I made. It's called locker hooking. It's a great way to use some material that you aren't going to use for anything else. That's the hook you use. Somewhat like a crochet hook at one end with the eye of a needle on the other end. It costs about $4.00.


See...a coaster.
My friend, however, made a rug....for me. How sweet of her!

This is my 'Sand and Sea' afghan. I got the pattern from Lion Brand website and it's called Lakeside afghan.

It's much bigger than the granny stripe blanket I made. I'm probably not even half way done, but I'll get there....sometime....maybe this winter...when I can't get outside.
Cindy

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, yours is gorgeous! Mine's at about the same stage of half doneness, but I've run out of wool. I'll hopefully be able to get some more next weekend though.

    I love your coaster. Very excellent. Off to google locker hooking now!

    I'm also making coasters - crochet ones from a Japanese craft book. And dishcloths. I'm always knitting dishcloths :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeanne,

    Funny you leave a comment as I'm perusing your blog! Looking at your grannie blanket...drooling because I fear I will never make one. Too many squares to sew together..but I might have to. I just love them. And those knitting needles.....beautiful! Do they knit as pretty as they look??!!!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your new blanket Cindy and the little fabric coaster is adorable, you've been so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mel,

    I wish I had more time for crafting, but I fit it in whenever I can. This time of year is busy with bees, harvest celebrations, and getting ready for winter. Thanks for the compliment. I always watch your blog for inspiration.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy