In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Friday, January 1, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I have to admit, I wasn't sad to see 2015 go.  
I'm hoping for a better 2016.  

My Shug said, "Except for Mom passing, which was awful, what was so bad about it?" 
I explained, as I moved my hand way up high and way down low, in a hilly kind of movement, "it was the HIGH's and LOW's.   Too many of them, and too close together." Then I put my hand in front of me and just kind of waved  it along...."I need more of an even calm kind of life for awhile."



So, this year, we started the year off calmly.

We were going to go out to eat but my Shug wanted to cook dinner!  He made mashed potatoes, chicken and noodles, and veggies. I popped open the crescent rolls and rolled them onto the baking pan!   Vickie brought a pie and the whole meal was yummy.
We went to see Star Wars 3D.
Action packed and a feeling of nostalgia when Harrison Ford popped up on the screen!

Then we came home and toasted in the New Year!
 Simple.
Oh, and yes...it was our 21st Wedding Anniversary.  We were married on New Year's Eve.

Today, New Years Day....
Vickie, Theresa and I celebrated our little Christmas gathering that we've been doing for more years than I can remember. They came over to our house. 
We had an exchange, then opened gifts and went to a movie!
We saw "Sisters" and it was hilarious. 

And yes, I am making New Years resolutions.  I find that when I write things down, they tend be more apt to happen.  I don't know why that is, but it is....Maybe it's subconscious. 
So what about you....are you making any changes this year?  Any resolutions?  Doing anything different?  

Cindy Bee

4 comments:

  1. Comment. LOL
    The meal was very good as well as both movies. Fun way to start the year

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun! I really enjoyed both days.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Cindy it is going to be a wonderful year how can it not. You are out of the basement so there you go:):) HUGS HUGS B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm only partway out of the basement buttons ! I still have a living area and kitchen in the basement. The rest is upstairs though. And I will be out of this basement by summertime!

      Delete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy