In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Thursday, January 28, 2016

The Keeper of the Bees

The Keeper of the Bees.  
  It looks like an old book...and at one time it was.  It's from a company I follow on Instagram that takes old books and turns them into journals.

 I didn't realize when I ordered it that they would keep some of the book in tact.

 It looks like it would be a good book to read, but I love the actual journal aspect of it.  And I really love the way it lays down flat.
I don't think I'd be able to ruin an old book, but bookjournals on Instagram can!  My cousin and I are going to a big beekeeping meeting in a few weeks and I think I'll take this with me to take notes.
 
And see this hive...I took this picture TODAY!  In January!  The bees in this hive decided to come out in 42 degree weather!

I hear this weekend the temperature is going to be in the low 50's.  Fingers crossed they are alive.

Cindy Bee

10 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy, I think that it is wonderful that you are a keeper of bees. They are precious to our life here on earth and they get such a bad wrap, if you know what I mean. I also think that you are brave to do this . . . is it something you decided to take up doing yourself, or is it something you grew up with doing as a family thing? Great journal and it is nice that they left blank pages . . . I think your idea of using them for your notes is perfect :)
    Happy weekend!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie,
      It is NOT a family thing at all. My family often questions if I didn't get mixed up in the hospital at birth, as I am so different than all of them. However, I think I get some of it from my Dad, or his side, as I'm into nature a lot. Growing up, Mom humored him. We always went camping and fishing and such. I will do a post on how I became a beekeeper. Good question my dear.

      Cindy Bee

      Delete
  2. I love the journal, it couldn't be any more apt for you, brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl. That's exactly why I HAD to get it!

      Cindy Bee

      Delete
  3. Cindy, I love your new journal. I like that it's part book too. I know you are going to love the bee keeping meeting. I show my husband your bees. We see a hive near Hobbs and It has like a black plastic wrap around it. ?? Hope you are enjoy the good days we have had. Blessings to you and your Shug. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Susie,
      A lot of people wrap their hives with black tar paper to try to insulate them more during the winter. There are pros and cons....as it always is with beekeeping. If you look closely you can see clear Saran Wrap around the top of my hive. I put it there because I broke the seal they made when I opened the hive in November to put in extra feed.

      Delete
  4. Hey that is one we made isn't it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey that is one we made isn't it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Vickie, it is! And it was the one that made their own queen!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy