In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Following my blog

I wanted to share this with some of you that have told me you were having a hard time commenting on my blog. I don't know if this affects comments, but it does affect following. And I only cut and pasted the portion that I thought might be of interest to some of you.

........ starting the week of January 11, we’ll remove the ability for people with Twitter, Yahoo, Orkut or other OpenId providers to sign in to Google Friend Connect and follow blogs. At the same time, we’ll remove non-Google Account profiles so you may see a decrease in your blog follower count.
We encourage you to tell affected readers (perhaps via a blog post), that if they use a non-Google Account to follow your blog, they need to sign up for a Google Account, and re-follow your blog. With a Google Account, they’ll get blogs added to their Reading List, making it easier for them to see the latest posts and activity of the blogs they follow.
 
And while we are talking business, I tried to change the look of my blog the other day. When I had it how I wanted it I clicked on preview and it showed the caption Followers in the side bar, but it did not show the actual followers. I was afraid I would lose ALL of my followers so I did not make any changes. Have any of you other bloggers had any dealings with this when you went to change your blog? HELP!

Cindy Bee

10 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy Bee, I follow your and other blogs from within blogger. I simply add the address of new blogs I want to follow and the appear on my reading list. I don't like being told by google that I have to sign up for a google account (although I already have one) to follow blogs.


    Cheers Fi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that too Fi, but I guess I was thinking more about people that don't have blogs themselves, but follow me.

      Delete
    2. Oh yes of course, I didn't think of it from that point of view.
      Why oh why do they have to keep moving the goal posts and complicating things? Another way I like to follow blogs is when they have a 'subscribe via email' link and updates simply get delivered to your inbox.
      I think the good thing about that is that you remain in control of your subscribers rather than google or whoever.
      Lol, can you tell I get worked up about all this control and changing the rules stuff?
      Fi

      Delete
    3. Hi Fi,
      I get worked up about it too, but mainly because I don't know what I'm doing. So when they change things, I know even less. Had you not changed my header for me years ago, my poor bee lady would still be in black and white! LOL!
      Hey, it's good chatting with you by the way. I miss you and I miss your blog.

      Cindy Bee

      Delete
  2. I am so confused lol
    I have no idea how to fix some issues on my blog and waiting for my daughter to help me. Good luck Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lucky to have someone to help you.

      Cindy Bee

      Delete
  3. Silly Blogger I lost some followers and wondered why till I read someone else pointed this out. I lost 11 in one night, I wondered what I said wrong for so many to dump me at once:):) Thanks Cindy Bee. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buttons,
      I lost some too and I just figured they were people that don't like me anymore! I haven't been the best blogger lately. I have tried. But with this house at the crucial point of huge decision making, tons of painting (trim, doors, etc.) and Dave's Mom's estate, well, other things have had to come first.

      Cindy Bee

      Delete
  4. Cindy, I hope no one ever tires of my blog....cause girl I am scared to try and change anything. I would love to list the people I follow on the side bar...but I am afraid any changes will send my blog into space, never to be seen again. LOL. I hope you can straighten yours like you want it. Blessings, xoxo,Susie
    how about this crazy weather?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie,

      Now the changes on the sidebar I can do. If you ever want to meet somewhere I can help you with those changes, but that's pretty much it! Oh, I can add pictures. I was trying to change the entire look of my blog. I'm a scaredy cat to hit the "make the changes" button!

      Cindy Bee

      Delete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy