In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas Shopping

In all the years I've had my blog, this is the first year I have NOT posted through Christmas, and I missed it. I had several pictures downloaded and ready to go, but I was so busy, and tired, I didn't even open my computer.  I am so very tired of the busy-ness.  With working on the house (almost every night-we have five rooms finished now, check out our bathroom) family stuff, estate stuff, a few crafty times, some entertaining, reunion planning, and holidays, something had to suffer.  And sadly, it was my blog.  I'm going to go ahead and post stuff that I have not posted through this past year.  I might post several times a day just to get caught up on some of the family things we did this year. I want to be able to go back in a year or two and see what we did.  I will say, I'm not sorry to see 2015 go.  I'm ready for it to be finished.  It was not one of my favorite years, although I did have some fun times.  
 I'd like to start the new year off with a clean slate, and a blog that people want to actually read.  So without further ado.....

I did get squeeze in some fun shopping.
Traditionally, my sister and I go shopping the day after Thanksgiving.  We used to go for the social part of it, but we stopped doing that last year.  We used to see a lot of people we knew when people would stand in line outside the doors of the stores to get the coupons and the snow globages (our word for them, from Penneys).  But since the stores started opening on Thanksgiving Day, we stopped the whole social black Friday shopping thing.
However,  Mom and I went to a couple of places later in the day, and we went to Penneys to get the globages. Oddly,.they did not give the globages out until 3:00 pm.
So we went back at 3:00 pm and there wasn't a line for them at all.  And we were supposed to keep it a secret but they gave us two.   We gave one to my sister and one to my  niece.  Penneys said this was the last year for them.

 This is Horton's in Tipton.   My cousin Vickie and I went there, and we were a bit disappointed.  It was very foggy out that day so we had to go later than planned.  And I heard from "Susie" (She junks) that it was very busy that morning so we might have just missed out.  Here are a few pics of Hortons, not necessarily their Christmas stuff.
I think I want to hang some ball jars by Coral Belle and put candles in them!



I was trying to talk my Shug into these lights for our foyer area.  I think they'd look great.
And this is Patty Becks, Herbs and Clay pottery.  We stopped by there on our way to Horton's.  Her Santa this year, is a cookie baking Santa. Next year I am going to do some cookie baking in my new kitchen with someone.  I don't know who yet, maybe whoever wants to come over!  I'm starting new traditions.
And this is a store downtown called The Jitterbug.  They had a window decorating contest.  I went to downtown Kokomo with Mom and Dad on First Friday in December. 
I thought The Jitterbug's window was so cute.  Look at all of those letters Santa received!
  
 
 And we did stop by to see the Seiberling Mansion, but we did not go through it this year.  This is the first year in about 9 years that we did not take my nieces through the We Care park either.  As you know, my Shug's Mom passed away this past summer.  We always took her out on her birthday, which would have been the 14th, looking at the Christmas lights. 
 
A lot has changed this year.  I know there will be years like that.   Out with the old, in with the new!  If only it were that easy!
Cindy Bee

1 comment:

  1. Cindy, The best things that happened to me this year was having two great grandbabies. Teddy and I both lost one of our brothers this year. I am like you it's time for this year to be gone...It was a hard one. I know it was rough with your MIL...you've had heart ache this year also. It seems you didn't do a lot of the normal things...change is always happening and it sometimes is sad. Don't you think Cindy? I am so glad you and Shug are getting your house done. Girl you will be able to do all those fun things again , maybe more once all that is complete. I want to send you hugs and wish you and your loved one a peaceful and healthy New Year. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy