In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Our room

Hello!
I'd like to show you what we've been up to. 
See this door below, with the two windows on either side...
It is the entrance to our "room" where we are living,
and have been living for three years now.
 Come along inside...I want to show you something.
 
 Last Friday (not two days ago, but a week and two days ago), we finished the bedroom and bathroom UPSTAIRS in the main part of the house.
This is what our room looked like last year at Christmas time.
And the year before that...
and the year before that....
but now...
(ok these were the messy pics after moving the bedroom out.  Have you ever noticed when you are in the process of moving furniture it creates a bigger mess?  But...)
I got that cleaned up and now...
it looks like this.
And I had exactly two days to get it in shape
 and get the tree up and decorated because I had company coming over for brunch on Tuesday!
See the difference.  The bed is now upstairs.  So I no longer entertain in the same room I sleep in!
And I have an island, which adds a bit more countertop space.
I got this "island" at a friends auction for only $10.  I had no idea what I was going to do with it when I bought it, but it had an enamelware (or porcelain) top on it, and I'm a sucker for furniture with tops as such!
My Shug hung a curtain rod up so I could hide the bottom part of it.  I put the Christmas curtains up for now, and I'll add something else later.

 TADAH!

Click HERE to see our new bedroom!

Cindy Bee

6 comments:

  1. oh, my, what a wonderful change for you, like moving into a new home. we seem to have some similar tastes - i love porcelain-topped tables/cabinets, too, and my kitchen is small, so i'd love to find something like yours. and i especially love screened cabinets, like the one in your new bedroom. i have two just like yours - a dark one that is my fave piece of furniture (an antique i got more than 20 years ago at a shop in a small town north of cincinnati) and a honey-colored one that i got in an antiques shop in a different small town north of cincinnati. i have this one in my guest room, with a flat-screen TV on top. --suz in NE ohio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suz,
      I think we both must have the same taste as my friend Leslie! I bought both of those pieces from her. She moved to Florida and was not going to be able to take everything with her. Cincinnati has some nice little towns around it. We used to go to the Ault Park and Hyde Park area once a year to shop and attend their flower show. I don't see that you have a blog. Do you? Thank you for commenting on mine.
      Cindy Bee

      Delete
  2. HUGE Congrats from Maine! I know it has been a long project. So great to be able to enjoy even more of your hard work at the holidays. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it has been a long road but my oh my how pretty it is now. I knew you would make it upstairs eventually. Oh Merry Christmas my dear Cindy. HUGS B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you Buttons. I know it's a hard one for you.
      Cindy Bee

      Delete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy