In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Week before Christmas stuff....

With Christmas coming on so quickly, and entertaining time here, my fridge decided to go on the fritz...as did my Bunn coffee pot. Luckily the Keurig still works...at the mo anyway.  And my Shug and I have been looking for a fridge for quite some time, as we could hear it cracking and popping in the night.  We finally found one.  We didn't want a huge fridge for our basement room. And we didn't want to pay huge money for one, as we will be buying another one, hopefully this year, for upstsairs.  And they delivered it on Sunday morning.  What a mess.
The fridge actually looks the same, except for the front.  It's smooth, like when I was a kid.  Now here's a funny story.  When I was a kid, Mom decided she wanted a brown fridge.  Well it was the 60's.  Brown was in.  So she painted the white refrigerator with brown paint!  Yup, with a can of paint and a paint brush.  When I was bored, I would stand by the fridge and peel the paint off of it.  Because that's what the paint did.  It peeled off.  But not all the way.  Kind of like nail polish when it looks like shit and you don't have any remover!  So when we got our smooth front fridge, I called Mom and asked her if she wanted to paint it!  
(I know.  I said the "s" word.  But here's the thing.  It really did look like shit!)
I use my fridge for a family photo gallery.
I quickly got stuff all put away,  in time to leave for
 one of my niece's dance recital.  And as I was snapping pictures on my phone, of the only dance she was in, my phone displayed something like, "you have no more photo storage.....blah, blah, and blah."  I'm trying to figure out why, on her only dance, when Vickie (my cousin) leans over and says, "Look!" as my niece was on top of a stack of dancers, which I did not get a picture of.  Why did I run out of storage space?
 Because my nieces take TONS of pictures of themselves, when they are around, every time I do not have my phone in my possession.  Next time they will be going on Instagram!
 I did get one of us after the recital.  I love her sparkly top.
I also thought it was very cool the way they fixed their hair!
On  Monday I got up and finished decorating.

I only drug out a couple of boxes and I did not take everything down the way I usually do.






I did not have time to do full blown decorating because I had these lovely ladies over for Breakfast Tuesday morning. One of them couldn't make it because her 92 year old Mother was having knee replacement surgery.
Quick!  Look in the background.  Our room is clean!  It's decorated!  It's ready for Christmas!  I'm spending the next few days getting ready for Christmas Eve.
Everything always works out.  It does. 

My Advent Calendar gifts the last few days...


Starbucks Gift Card and mints.

and this.....
Peace,
Cindy Bee

7 comments:

  1. PHEW! Saw the guy in the hoodie and thought you were being robbed!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember dance recitals... and can't really blame your nieces for snapping photos, they are very photogenic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love that hairstyle! Yay for you finishing your decorating and even having guests! Christmas Eve is coming fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I linked to your blog and am kinda stealing an idea you had last year, if you don't mind. Let me know. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacque, I don't mind. I tried to post a link to the actual post but I couldn't get it to work in the comment section. It was in January of 2013 titled Let's score a ten on the nice scale.
      http://thebeeladyfromhilltopfarm.blogspot.com/2013/01/lets-score-ten-on-nice-scale.html

      Delete
  5. Cindy, Doesn't it seem to pour at times...bless your heart. I just had our stove worked on 238 dollars...that was out of the joint acct. then 1203 dollars for Jeep repairs..out of my acct. I was wanting to take a trip soon. Did you know they have to take the whole dash, steering wheel and all out to work on the flaps and heater?? My Jeep looked wrecked when I saw it being worked on. At least now the window will defrost and the inside is warm LOL. And all right here at Christmas...good thing I save that back. Blessings to you and yours Cindy. The girls are beauties. Oh to be young healthy good feet and pretty. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susie,

    Well things seem to be going much better here today. Dave fixed my bunn!! Coffee pot. Our other refrigerator was old so I didn't mind getting the new one. I did mind the timing! I hate paying all of that money for repairs. We do the same thing here....his money, my money, our money. It works for us! I hate car repairs more than any of it! Hey I found a pair of shoes that I love. They are called sneakerboots by NIKE. I ordered them from finish line, a half size bigger than normal, and I've worn them all day long all week. They are soooo comfy.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy