In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Friday, November 2, 2012

Something to get you in the mood!!!! oooh la laaa

Tonight we went to a soup tasting.  You purchase tickets for $1.00 each and your tickets are worth a sample of soup.  I tried tomato basil, french onion, and creamy white bean parmesan.  You vote for the soup you like the best.  The white bean was the best.
My sister works for the Trustee's office, and they were having a can collection.  You donate two cans and you get a free drink.  
This event is in downtown Noblesville. The one thing I like about that town is that their downtown events are well attended.  After the soup sampling all of the downtown stores stayed open late and we went shopping.  See that lamp.  We have two of them we bought at our neighbor's garage sale a few years ago.  They are asking $75.00 for the pair at this antique store.
 I love old feed sack material.  The colors seem so vivid.
See the metal locker baskets.  $24.50 each...I paid 8.00 for a bunch of them at a garage sale. 
These prices are why I have a hard time buying things at antique stores.  

And don't these look scary?  Halloween masks from the era of when I was a kid.  Even the nice ones look scary!

And here we go.....something to get you in the mood.......for Christmas shopping!  What were you thinking?
 I love this vintage garland.  I always buy it at garage sales if I find it, which isn't often.
 I also love vintage ornaments.  These aren't vintage but I love the style.
 Most of the stores had their Christmas trees up.
 And these are the windows in one of the downtown businesses. 
 Just like the good old days.




 And this hooked rug was in the window of one of the antique stores.  $65.00.  I was tempted.
 
 But instead....I bought this sign for our bathroom. 

Cindy Bee

10 comments:

  1. Oh I love the sign. I wish I had some soup and it is late but now I am hungry.
    I am really not ready to think of Christmas but I love all the cool things you found and boy I must get out more those prices wow. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahahaha, love the sign.

      And I love the Christmas ornaments. So old fashioned looking.

      And, I remember those masks from when I was a kid!

      Looks cold over there.

      cheers
      Fi

      Delete
  2. Did you get me an elf???? (excited).......................


    oh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm soup. I've made a HUGE pot of chili tonight, yum. Ah yes, the masks whose eyeholes always fell at exactly the wrong place!

    Now you've made me all nostalgic for the wonderful Christmas window displays all the stores did 'way back when'.

    Hehe, that sign! Seems I'm the only one here who dares change the toilet roll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, I love the shops in Nobleville. I would love to help them stay open...but I rarely buy things there...to expensive. But the town has many little shops. I used to go there more. Hope you had some fun. I put rolls of toilet tissue in a basket near the toilet...no changing.Even a man can do this one.:):):) Smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks like a fun time...i always miss the fun things...i do like shopping in noblesville..i have found a few really good deals...
    maybe ill start junking in your neck of the wooks to get better deals...
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this time of the year in small towns. Went to some Christmas open houses a couple of day ago with my Mom in law. Great fun. No tasting for me though, too much trouble trying to figure out the point for WW. Sign is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cindy, yes, I'm ok. For the most part. I'm having a really hard time with it all. It's just going to take time. Thank you for your concern. I sometimes worry about myself too. The hardest parts are coming home to an empty house and going to bed by myself. But I am determined to get a lot of my bucket list stuff done before I committ to another baby. My crochet is lacking a lot these days because Leo was a big part of it, sitting in the chair with me while I crocheted. it's not the same. And I hate that it's no longer 'Hookin' It With Mr. Lick Lick'. Mr. Lick Lick is gone. Time, that's all I need. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I'm sitting here typing this while LOL over the sign you purchased.
    I have never heard of a soup tasting party, but what a great idea for this time of the year. It looked like a lot of fun.
    I know the feeling of going into an antique shop and seeing the prices . . . thats why I'm a garage sale junkie.
    Have a great day and thanks for the fun post.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy