In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Let's all have a good laugh together!

This was an unplanned post, but Jayme, the Coop Keeper (see my side bar) made me laugh with her senior moments post. Then it made me think of embarassing moments I've had. I think we should all post one and have a good laugh!

Here one of mine. One time I was working for an attorney in town while his secretary was on vacation. This was in the 1980's, so all this fancy schmancy electronic stuff wasn't around then. Not even computers. They did, however, have a speaker system, apparently attached to the phone. And when he called me on it, I looked all around the office, trying to figure out where his voice was coming from. I looked up on the wall, to what I now think was probably a smoke alarm, and I yelled a response into it! (aaahhem....he came out of his office and showed me how to use the speaker system.)

Embarrassing moment....senior moment....whatev.......makes no difference.....I think this could be a fun post for all of us. So tell us one of yours either on my blog or post one on your blog! I'm in the mood to laugh!

Cindy Bee

8 comments:

  1. A couple of summers ago, when I was still driving, I woke up to make 3M's lunch and realised I was out of something indispensable (don't remember now what it was) so I tossed on clothes and dashed to the store...

    It wasn't until I got home again that I realised why some teen girls were giggling when I passed by and why the cashier (loudly) announced "Wow, I just LOVE your bold style!"

    That's right, I had my shorts on inside out with the pockets hanging out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAha! Cindy and Jacqueline those are good stories!

    Back in the early 1990's before cell phones and email and such...I drove 2 hours on a Sunday to NJ to a friends Bridal shower. It was a long drive by myself...remember when you were alittle nervous to drive somewhere 'far away'?

    Anyway I get there, knock on the door and Gina's Dad answered the door. He said are you here for the shower party. I said yes...he said well your alittle early, It's NEXT Sunday!....UGH!

    I was so bummed...he gave me some water, let me use the bathroom and off I went for the long 2 hour drive home.

    And no, I didn't go the following week...too embarrassed...remember I'm 22...Now I'd say 'hell with it" and be the joke!

    Great idea...I can't wait to see what everyone else says!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacqueline - reminds me of the time I walked out the door and to the neighbors garage sale, with my shorts on backwards! LOL...I forgot about that.

    Julie...I think I would have "had plans for the next weekend", left the gift there, and found something fun to do in that town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This moment is not about me but my daughter (Cindys neice, Taylor). This always makes me laugh. When she was probably 6 (she is 9 now)we were eating at Cancun restaurant. They have a big fountain in the middle of their place. As we were leaving we were walking toward the fountain. Taylor was turning around talking to me as she was walking. She walked right into the fountain and fell into it! The fountain hit her just right at the knee so she fell right over into the water! I started laughing and she got mad and started crying. Still makes me laugh. - Theresa (B's sister)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOLOLOL!!!! Poor kid.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindy, This makes me think of LUCY. I got an notice in the mail about testing the water in our area, and they would give us 5 dollars to allow it. A week later, my daughters and I were getting ready to go dinner..I see a man in the neighborhood going door to door. I thought to myself, that thing he's carrying looks like vacuum powerhead. I say <"hurry up kids lets get going" Well the girls didn't get ready fast enough..here's the fellow knocking on my door. I said ," come in , what do you want a bucket of water or a glass of water?" He says <"oh a glass of water." He drinks it !! I say"well how did it taste," he says "good" So I say," give me my 5 dollars." He says what are you talking about,"I'm the vacuum cleaner salesman !!" Well my daughters had plenty to laugh about at the dinner later. :):) Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susie and Theresa....good stories!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy