In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Slush Punch Freeze

Christmas Festivities Intermission Break!

I know I am boring you with all of these family Christmas pics. But here's the thing. I started blogging to have a photo journal of family and my life. I never once thought about meeting people, making friends, or followers. I just thought about blogging as a way of scrapbooking...sort of. I have really enjoyed and appreciate the friends I've made through blogging and want to wish all of you a Happy New Year. I hope it's absolutely the best...for everyone!

A blogger requested the recipe for Slush Punch Freeze, and just in case she wants it for New Years Eve, I'm posting it now, in the middle of the Christmas Festivities posts. If you are going to make this for New Years Eve, you probably should make it today, to give it the time it needs to freeze. Anyway, two posts in one day! Who knows...maybe three....because I can't wait to tell you about yesterday! But I have to finish Christmas first. I'm anal that way!

Here is the recipe...



Slush Punch Freeze

7 Cups Water
2 cups granulated sugar
1 6 oz. can frozen concentrate orange juice
1 12 oz. can frozen concentrate lemonade
1 ½ cups Brandy

Mix all ingredients together and put in freezer for a day or two. Mix will not freeze solid. Stir mix at least once while it’s in the freezer to distribute the slush.
Fill cup half with slush and half with either ginger ale, 7 up, Fresca, etc.

I made a double batch to fill this punch bowl. Personally, I would taste it before putting all of the sugar in it. I felt it was too sweet.

Enjoy!

Cindy Bee

4 comments:

  1. Ya know what? Don't worry about others getting bored with your pics...it's your blog and if they get bored they can move on!! Right? :o) I love looking at others' lives and families and fur babies. Happy New Year Cindy Bee! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that sounds yummy. I will be making it for sure! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy