In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas morning began at home, with my Shug and I exchanging presents, and giving Winston and Dixie their presents.







Dixie would try to hoard everything under the chair,



before Winston could get a hold of it and shred it. They both tear up stuffed toys, but it takes Winston about two seconds and Dixie a few days. I've been cleaning up stuffed toy innards for days.


Then we went to my Sister and Brother in Law's house. Their daughter entertained herself by dancing to the Wii, while she waited one everyone to show up.


What's this? Andrew is actually contributing to the food/drink items this year?


Could he be growing up.......naaaaaah!!!


My Sister said she was serving Mexican food this year. She felt like everyone gets tired of ham and turkey by Christmas Day so she was changing things a bit. We all loved the idea. Joey arrived wearing a Sombrero! He is married to my brother's oldest daughter, so he'd be my nephew-in-law.


The menu consisted of a yummy Enchilada soup that Dad made and your choice of soft or hard shell, shredded beef, ground beef, or chicken taco's or nachos. Everything was delicious. (I'm going to attempt to get some of those recipes because everything really was yummy. I'll post them later if I get them)


After we ate it was time to open gifts. Our gift giving is simple. All of the adults exchange names back in October, to give us plenty of time to purchase a gift. The limit is $50.00. I think most of us buy gift cards for each other. And those of us that want to, purchase or make gifts for the younger kids. We feel like the gift giving is really for the kids anyway.


Someone told the girls to move over or something and they said, "But we ALWAYS sit like this." Funny how even the simplest of things become tradition.


Adrienne, my beautiful niece, and her husband Joey. This is their daughter, my Great-niece! I bought my nieces a necklace at a craft show this year. I thought they were cool, and they were very INexpensive and hand-made.



Here is a picture of them. E-mail me if you want the information of the person that made them.

I made scarves for all of my nieces, and a matching scarf for their dolls.











Mom made all of the girls fleece blankets.


I didn't really get any good pics of the blankets, but they were big and so soft. I really liked them. Hmmm, I wonder if she will make her kids some warm blankeys next year!


We went together and got Mom & Dad pictures of their grandchildren and grand dogs. I will show you those pics at another time. It's a whole other story.


Mom e-mailed me later and said her and Dad really, really loved the pictures.


My sister made these yummy Mexican fried desserts but I can't remember the name of them. You put powdered sugar on them or drizzle chocolate on them, or both! I wish I had one right now, they'd be great for breakfast!


Mom made Mexican Wedding Cakes (cookies)


And I brought a pinata!


My brother-in-law went upstairs and held it over the railing, and moved it up and down. We were all concerned about those glass french-doors to the left but they didn't get broken.


All of the younger girls got a turn at trying to hit the pinata, blind-folded of course. As we were watching, Andrew made a comment that he thought the pinata was cool and that he never got a pinata as a child. He said he felt sure that he would have turned out a much better person if he would have had a chance at a pinata. We all jumped at that comment! Your turn Andrew!


Look how tall he is compared to my sister! He is on his knees in the above picture. Actually, he's tall compared to anyone! He hit the pinata, and some of the candies fell out.


And because the kids went crazy, we had him take off the blindfold and finish the job, lest he hit a child!


Note to self....do not put candy canes in a pinata. They were individually packaged, but they broke and came open on impact with the floor. What a mess. Sorry Theresa and Trent.





After all the food and excitement we decided to have some constructive exercise and us girls danced to cotton-eyed-Joe with the Wii. I think the Wii is the one video-type game I approve of because you get more exercise with it than just moving your thumbs! Hey Adrienne and Mom, where are ya?


This is my Brother-in-Law Trent.


And this is his I-phone plugged into this docking station playing Christmas music. Well, you can imagine the noise level with 11 adults, four kids, a Wii station, and conversations going on. I was cracking myself up when I saw where Trent's brother, Travis, was sending him text messages and I started replying! In one of them I said, "Theresa's family is still here. They've been here all day long...jeeeeesh."


Molly was telling me thanks for the Christmas presents from Winston and Dixie.


Time to clean up and say Good-night.



ssshhhh, don't tell anyone I stuck this wishnik doll in their window!
Goodnight!

Merry Christmas!

Cindy Bee


PS - The story of the wishnik doll. One year in a garage sale gift game night on Christmas Eve someone won wishnik dolls. I can't remember who started it, but each year Theresa and Trent hide them at our house on Christmas eve, or we hide them at their house on Christmas Day. This year, at Treasure Mart, I found 11 more wishniks for sale. They are in their house right now...hiding out :-)

6 comments:

  1. Hey...I kinda like the idea of mexican christmas party. It looks like the kids had a great time.
    Those wishnik dolls are kinda creepy but fun.
    Were they nakey? Mine was when i was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy,
    Thanks for sharing your Holiday fun with us...Believe or not it helps those of us who missed their Family this year! The Wishniks thing is Awesome...We used to do crazy things with parts of a Plastic Monkey and Torch Light Glasses...Hmmmmm I may have to resurrect them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun was had by all ... not least the dogs!

    Wishing you a healthy, happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cindy, Could they be sopapillas? What a great day and all the family pics were great.I hope you have a happy New YeaR of Health and Happiness,Hugs Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy,
    Looks like another fun and festivity filled time with your family.
    Happy New year!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Cheri, Yes that is what they are called! And they are yummy.

    I wish all of you a healthy, happy New Year too.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy