In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

For all you chicken people out there

The other day My Shug said, "I saw something getting out of the pond today and it wasn't a muskrat, but it was close to the same size, but it had a bushy tail. I just don't know what it was." He described it and I asked him if it was a mink. What he was describing sounded like it.

Well, our neighbor told us tonight that minks killed all but five of his chickens. He is the neighbor that sells us eggs. So sad. If you have chickens, beware, minks must be making a comeback, at least in Indiana.

Cindy Bee

3 comments:

  1. That is so sad! I have had run ins with minks before,I lost all my call ducks on Christmas Eve one year.The minks will be back to try and kill the rest of your neighbor's chickens.They usually will travel in pairs too.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. We get muskrats in our ponds. They tear down the banks and make a mess of everything. Never had mink before, crossing fingers. Had enough problem with the fox this last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coyotes got 2 of my chickens. I have been broken hearted. bought a pellet gun though so I will be ready next time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy