In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Monday, April 10, 2017

Spring Cleaning and Easter Preparing

Since I've been home from vacation the weather has been rainy and grey, but one day the sun came out, and so did the deer!

 I spent a lot of time inside last week, doing  Spring cleaning.
  
I had to recruit some help for the ceiling fans and lights!

I've also been preparing for Easter

My parents took a huge bag of eggs home and stuffed them.  I've still got a huge bag to go!
The weather was pretty nice over the weekend so I decided I best take advantage and do some Easter decoration planting for the tables.


 These little 'baskets' are from an egg coloring kit I bought at the dollar store!  Clever huh?  The spider plants are starts (babies), from a plant that my cousin, Gloria, gave me starts from a couple of years ago.   And her plant was in our Grandpa's room when he was alive...20something years ago.
 I also did a bit of evening crochet on this blanket, but I'll talk about that in another post.
 I decided since it was warm and sunny yesterday I would get into some beehives.  Good thing I did.  This one was building comb in extra space from an empty candy board.
This is the empty candy board, which is what gave them some extra space.  I've removed it and added a hive body and super, which is much better for the hive.  So far, I have six live hives out of eight.  WAY BETTER than last year.  I'll have to split some hives to give them room to grow this year.  Which means I'll have more hives/more bees! 
More back aches!!!

Speaking of aches. I'm going to go take a nap and an ibuprofen.  I have a toothache.  Unfortunately, its' that back tooth area.  I tried to wear a night guard last night.  I think I take back everything I said about wearing night guards.  It's not working for me.  I seem to clench more with it in my mouth.  I don't know what to do.  How does one stop the clenching?  I really don't live a stressful life.

Cindy

9 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy, happy to hear that you are home safe from your incredible trip. Spring is a busy time of the year, but isn't it sweet after the long cold winter. Are those deer on your property, there are so many of them! Love the little bunny planters and your blanket just has Spring written all over it, so darn pretty:)
    Now, get to feeling better!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Connie, they are on our property. I love Spring. It's my favorite time of year. Except for all of the storms.

      Delete
  2. Cindy, That's a lot of deer. They will want to eat your gardens. I am thrilled your bees are doing so well. Cindy, I understand about tooth pain. Once I finally got the endodonist to re-do a crowned root canaled back molar...my pain finally eased...but I tell you I have to watch as to not eat too many times on it, for fear it will act up again. Sad to have so much money in my teeth and not be able to eat normal. I truly wish you the best. I do clench my teeth too some times. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe my tooth is just going to hurt when I use it. Which is sad and shouldn't be that way. Yes the deer will eat our garden as will the bunnies! and our flowers. I guess we have to plant enough for everyone !

      Delete
  3. Hi, I wore a mouth guard for awhile until it didn't fit because of repairs to my teeth. I did not get another but I think I probably do clench or grind my teeth some. You are brave to work with bees. I will just buy mine locally! How clever to pot up those plants in egg coloring boxes. Will you send the home with your guests? Have a wonderful Easter. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Nancy. For those that want the plants I will send them home with them.

      Delete
  4. I am spring cleaning here too, it is very satisfying isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be more satisfying if it would stay clean!

      Delete
  5. I'm home every day and yet there's been no winter cleaning, or spring cleaning, or any other season of cleaning. It's my least favorite thing to do. I'd rather garden and crochet. I do wish I could have spider plants here. Don't see them often. Had one years ago but Jingles kept eating the babies and the whole thing just dried up. Ferns don't do well here either. Looks like you've got a big Easter planned. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy