In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Monday, April 3, 2017

Florida! We made it!!!

Packing for Florida included lots of snacks... 

and some muffins.   There were five of us going, and staying in a condo.  Two of the five are teenage girls.  One of them eats like a bird, but the other one!!!!!!


 Off we go...I wish I would have gotten a picture of the two teens in the very back.  They 'nested' in the back with blankets, pillows, I-phones( plugged into a charger).  Never heard a peep out of them, except maybe to complain because it was taking too long to get there!  I was kind of jealous of their little nest.

Vickie told us she doesn't like bridges, especially driving over them, especially when they are over water!  Needless to say, the rest of the time we had to tease her every time we went over a bridge.  "Whhhhhiiiiissshhhhh....here comes a wave Vickie!)
I, on the other hand, think bridges are kind of cool.
But the traffic.....
Oh....my.....goodness.......

the traffic.  This traffic added about three extra hours to our driving time, per day.

Then there was this to deal with, which we luckily did not get into.  We drove along side it all the way from Indiana.  And the wind was atrocious!  We had a car top carrier that sang to us quite frequently all the way there!


But we made it, on Saturday, unpacked a few things, freshened up,

and headed to Margaritaville in Destin, Florida at the Harbor shops.  This was our view.

 Best hamburger ever!  But I didn't get a picture.

Fun times ahead!
 Cindy

7 comments:

  1. That's a long drive, but it looks like you had good company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, you get to go south and east a lot! I'm envious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Trip is over Amy and we did have fun. I'm just now posting about it.

      Delete
  4. So funny Cindy. I bet you girls had the best fun. I miss going to Florida with all my work friends. We used to go for the Nascar races. Blessings, xoxo, Susie
    p.s. today was nasty....but look outside now. Wow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy