In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Saturday, April 15, 2017

A Springy Easter Cake!


Besides cleaning and decorating for Easter this week,
I have been making food.  I always make no bake cookies in the shape of nests,
which I will show you later.
And I baked two hams today.
Easy Peasy Green Bean Casserole tomorrow.

For my Five on Friday I thought I'd share with you the cake I made.

I'm joining FAST blog with Five on Friday so here we go...
Let's talk cake.

One!
This year I decided I was going to make a cake. 
And I was going to make it in three different colors. 
I saw this on Pinterest.
And one evening  earlier this week I decided I would bake the cakes.
And I forgot I was going to color the layers, until I sat down  my computer and looked at the cakes on the counter top.....DOH!

I put the three cakes in the freezer because I made them earlier in the week. 
The fourth one,
we ate.

TWO
I hatched a Plan B.


 A couple of nights ago I started melting colored white chocolate
and using cookie cutters to make Eastery/springy shapes.






THREE
Today I got the cake out of the freezer and used a recipe from Martha Stewart's cake book for the icing.  I also used a recipe from her cake book for the vanilla cake.  I tinted the icing green.


FOUR!
 Then I started with the biggest flowers and pressed them into the icing.
 I did it with the smaller flowers and bunnies and such.
Then I decided to add some grass.  So I melted some green white chocolate, and before it completely hardened, I took a steak knife and made blades.


FIVE
TA DAH!
I think it turned out pretty cute! 





 These will go on in the morning. 
I put the cake in the fridge for the night.


I don't know if you can see the recipes or not in these pictures.




They came from this book.


Happy Easter

Cindy

Check out other Five on Friday bloggers here, alone with Tricky Wolf at FAST Blog.

4 comments:

  1. How creative, I'm afraid the only thing I'm baking are some cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plan B turned out super cute! I'm sure it was eaten up in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would describe myself as a serial cake-a-holic so reading this and looking at those photos has made my mouth water! It's lucky I'm always so busy or I imagine i'd be the size of a house!

    Thanks for joining in this week with Five on Friday, hope you had a great Bank Holiday Weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, That is a beautiful cake. I love it. I bet it tasted greats. My Karen made a berry dump cake for our dinner. I could not eat those tiny seeds...I just do not want to chance it. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy