In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Honey Beatrice Taa Daa

So, I've had this idea in my head for a long time.
To make a Bee Lady doll....
 So I worked on a pattern (it took several tries, this was not the first)
But it was the last!
 
For several months I've been cutting and stitching and trying to figure out how to make her. And when it came down to it, after taking strips of black and yellow fabric, cutting them into strips, then stitching it all together, I couldn't bare to cut it!
 
So I made an attempt with muslin.
 
So glad I didn't use that material as the first few patterns and muslin attempts were not good!

I like her!



Now for the rough part.....I'm going to have to cut that striped material.

 




The first face I made was a failed attempt.  I had it all done except I didn't like the eyes.  I was trying to take the eyes out and I ripped the fabric!  Darn!  So I started over.





And after I got her put together, I realized the mouth was too low....


so I had to re-do the mouth.  And you can see where I took the old mouth out, but too bad!
Then I picked out some hair color and decided that it needed to be long, just like the Bee Lady.  I stitched every hair on that head!


Who knows where I got this material..probably a garage sale.  It was in my stash.
She had to have wings...and antenna


and it was cold out so she wanted a coat...
and I jokingly tell people I knit all of my (real) bees a scarf to stay warm in the winter, but she preferred a shawl...


Do you see a resemblance?

  
She's getting there...


She was cold sitting up there on Valentine's Day, so I made some hand warmers and leg warmers for her...


and a bag, and she has already been visiting some friends.  She went to crochet group with me last week, and she is begging me to go to Florida! (hence the sunglasses)



     
Meet Honey Beatrice....Honey Bea for short!

Cindy Bee

6 comments:

  1. How sweet she came out!!!! A remarkable resemblance, I might add!!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't know you had a twin! Good job; she's stylin' now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.M.G.!!! Honey Bea is stinking adorable!!!!! She wouldn't be needin' those sunglasses around here lately, but the leg warmers and the shawl would have come in real handy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect!!! Glad you gave her some warm clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW you are so good! I mean good! love the doll and each of your nieces need one:::::Great Easter gift for their baskets!
    the cuz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy