In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Ripple-a-long

 I started following Mel's ripple-a long a couple of weeks ago as motivation to finish my ripple blanket I started a few months ago.  I'm going to try to start posting it on Sunday's, instead of Monday's, because they are almost a full day ahead of us in Tasmania, Australia!  So when she posts her ripple a long, I'm always a day late!  If you look at her blog you will see she is starting a new hexy blanket and I love the colors she picked out.
One thing I am disappointed about with my ripple blanket, is I picked out the dark pink and the dark blue colors as the 'main' colors of my ripple, and I just noticed I've only used the dark pink three times.  Geeeeesh!  I should have used it way more.
The good news is, it's not too late for me to step up the pinks and blues, because I want this to cover the whole bed.  I bought enough yarn to cover the whole bed.  So I figure by the time I pull it up over the pillows or down on the end of the bed, the lack of dark pink won't show.  So I have learned when doing random colors in a blanket,  I need to spread it out more often on the bed.  I love the random colors though.  It's fun. 
Cindy Bee

10 comments:

  1. It's really fabulous! I don't think you need to worry to much about the pink, it will even out! I really love the colours that you're using, it's really very pretty.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I haven't crocheted regularly in years, this pattern was also one of my favorites and done with the colors you selected, it looks great on the bed!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. Reminds me of giant strips of rick-rack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, and the pink really does stand out :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so pretty, and the pink stands out on its own as is, so I think it is doing its job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really gorgeous Cindy, love how it's coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you tired of searching for bitcoin faucets?
    Triple your claiming speed with this amazing BITCOIN FAUCET ROTATOR.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy