A couple of weeks ago I was painting some things with chalkboard paint. I ended up painting this bucket. I had no real reason for it, I just decided it would look better painted than not. It was in bad shape.
The other day while working on my ripple blanket, I decided I needed a place to store the yarn that I wasn't using yet. I didn't like all of the bags on the floor, around the chair I sit in, when I crochet.
So I put a plastic bag in the bucket (I was afraid of rust or something getting on my yarn) and put the ripple blanket yarn in it. I still have the yarn I'm actually using in a bag by the chair. This is my excess, that I will need as my ripple blanket grows.
(this is Alexandra's pillow so far. I love her colors.)
with Alexandra Mackenzie, during GG's move. Anyone can join in with Alexandra. She is posting it on facebook and just doing a row or two a day. Our crochet group is going to meet at Big Ben Coffee Shop (our local coffee shop) and work on this pattern. Since I asked them to join me, I thought I'd better make one side of the pillow, just to check out the pattern. I just finished row eight.
(I'm using my small leftover ripple yarn. I want my pillow to match my blanket)
And I'm glad I am working the pattern before meeting, because my first attempt was too tight. I was using a 4.5 hook, on yarn that suggests a 5 hook, and it was too tight. The sides were really curling up.
PPS - Now I'm on my way to Mel's blog to check out other ripple blankets. It's fun to see all of the color combinations.
PPPS!- Check out Brenda's pillow (from Ladybug Dreams)