In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Giving something up for Lent


I have been painting...


and painting...


and painting...

and while I paint, I either think...or listen to books on cd...or both.

Last week my friend, RJ, and I had this discussion. We tend to do that frequently. She claimed that me giving up a latte' for lent is really no big deal. "So what," she says. "There are so many substitutes for everything we eat that giving up food is no big sacrifice. Now give up a kidney? That's a sacrifice."

So, I said I agree. Rare....I agree with her! And no, I'm not giving up a kidney. Although I don't think she realizes my addiction to latte's....I did want one so bad last week while I was painting. So, I stopped and got a COFFEE instead. I topped it off with cream, AND whipped cream, and it was strong but it did the trick. So she's right. Think about it...you give up sugar but you can replace it with stevia, splenda, sweet and low, etc.



So, here's what I'm going to do. I have decided that I am going to take the money I would have spent on the latte's, and buy myself some yarn! KIDDING!

I'm going to donate it. And from the looks of things in my sidebar, it's up to about 25.00.

I am going to donate $10.00 to an organization that Rebekah Teal, the City Farmgirl, is promoting. I'll do another post on it.

I'm going to donate the rest to someone I know who I think can probably use it. I don't really KNOW this person. I've never met her in person. I'll do another post on my opinion about donating too! That should be fun for y'all!!! In the meantime, think about donating. If every person donated the amount of one latte' (or pick your own addiction) to this person, think of the difference us bloggers could make. 5 bucks and a stamp.



In the meantime, I've got more painting to do.

But today, I'm taking a break. I have been climbing up and down this scaffolding for four days and I am completely worn out. I'm taking today off and going out with my cousin and sister.
More on that later too!




Cindy Bee

7 comments:

  1. This is one GREAT idea! I love it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....Bee...That is a lot of painting...It is starting to look you could move in.(maybe)
    I am proud of your coffee...sacrafices. It is heros like you that keep this country strong....sniff sniff...teehee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Cindy, I will tell you from personal experience...your butt will never sag while you are painting and climbing up/down ladders. I also said painting takes care of the bye-bye arms. Your house and you...will be looking so good girl.:):):) Smiles, xo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I agree with your friend I also think that you were giving something up that you enjoy was a good thing. I personally have not done that and should be doing it so I give you kudos! I think you are a generous person and to give up yarn from what you have saved and give the money to a cause is a great sacrifice because we know you love your yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She aint giving up her yarn....just not buying more.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good idea... giving the money you would have spent to some charity or needy person. Good for you! And... I agree with Susie - painting and climbing up and down the scaffolding or ladders is great exercise!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy