In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Shopping Trip - part two


This is a mug that Vickie (my cousin) had made for all of us. As you can see, we have dressed alike on this trip through straight hair, big hair era, and back to straight hair again.
And remember the blanket picture where we were all looking at the backside? This is why...my cousin Gloria ironed on all of these pics on the backs of our blankets that she made for us. I have very crafty people in my family.

My sis had a great idea. Wrap up with our new blanket, get some hot chocolate, and a book and just sit and relax. mmmmmm....



And this my blogger friends, is the necklace my Mom gave to me. The necklace which symbolizes the fact that she is no longer going on the shopping trip, and she is turning over "the key" to me, her oldest daughter. I tried to give the key back to her. She had us all in tears. We want her to go, but she's ready to call it quits. She has tried to quit going for about four years now but we refused to let her. It will not be the same trip without her.
I'm thankful for all of these happy memories with "family friends". Yes family friends. They are family, but they are friends. I love them and I'm thankful God gave me this family. Crazy as it is....and this is just a tiny portion of my family. Mom and Dad both had several brothers and sisters and a lot of them had kids, who had kids, who had kids. We'll be having a reunion soon and I won't even know half the people there!

Now on to other stuff I'm not so thankful for....remember I told you that Dixie is mental? Well, the entire time I was gone, he would not eat, nor would he have anything to do with my Shug. He wouldn't even be in the same room with him! When my Shug tried to pet him, he'd start to pee! When I got home, Dixie was upstairs and Dave was downstairs! And my husband is the nicest animal person there is....nicer to animals than I am actually! When I came in the door the dog ran downstairs and jumped all over my husband like they were best buds. Then he went and ate, and he's been nice to us since.

I don't know what happened to this dog in his previous life, but I'm thinking some man did not treat him so nice.

I was ready to not treat him nice after he came in the house tonight looking like this....

and not for the first time I might add. Yes those are burrs. More dog pics later....let me just say, he's a handful. "He is a HANDFUL."

Cindy Bee

3 comments:

  1. Bet you he got those burrs trying to escape. Ouch! It looks painful

    ReplyDelete
  2. That breaks my heart to think of what might have actually happened to him. Thank the good Lord you found him...

    I miss big shopping trips with my Nan, Mom, and aunts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your Dads surgery goes good. Hey ...just a thought ....What if your new brother is just as crazydoo as you? Wouldnt that be fun? Your Mom and Dad would sure like ot too...lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy