In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Monday, May 10, 2010

More Spring Flowers!

We had a frost last night and I sure hope some of our plants didn't get bit. It seems every year, in our area, after the lilacs bloom they get bit by frost. This year they did not. We have had the most beautiful spring. I know I've said it before, but it's true. Here's a few more pics of my back yard.

I'm a Beatrix potter fan. I took a paint marker and wrote on some slate and put this in my tea garden.



Aren't poppies beautiful!


This is a sneak peak through my cottage garden, into my "Charleston garden." When my husband and I went to Charleston, South Carolina a few years ago on the home and garden tours, I had to have my own Charleston garden. It's right there.... through the aborvitae...I'll invite you in sometime!
Last, a honeybee topiary in my greenhouse that I made from flowers I grew. Not bad for my first time, huh?
OK , just wanted to see if you were paying attention! This was a honeybee, made from flowers, turned into a topiary, at the Bellagio Conservatory in Las Vegas (or as my friend calls it, Lost Wages!)
Stay warm,
Cindy

1 comment:

  1. I am national magazine editor keenly interest in your garden and Reno project for possible presentation to our magazines. Do you have some sets of jpgs you can share, and where are you located? Thanks! My email is: acaughey@ gmail.com

    Best, Andrea Nordstrom Caughey, Regional Editor, Meredith Corp

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy