In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Monday, May 24, 2010

Let's go shopping!


I'm not going to tell you about my life this week of picking berries, making jam, pie, working beehives, etc. when we can go shopping!!!! I'll tell you about it next week! So, back to the Granny Bee weekend. I got as far as the porch and found this little girl waiting for me! I had to have her. Only $15.00 and handmade by Leslie, who is a wonderful artist, although she's too humble to claim it. I think she has a couple of these left!

I got my vintage aprons and other wares set up before doing more shopping.

This is Carol taking a break. She sells the hand made painted wooden items below. But before looking below, see that purse hanging in the bottom right hand corner in this photo. Well, that's Marilyn's hand made purse, for sale, and it was featured in the last Green Craft magazine. A publication put out by Somerset which is really cool. Marilyn has Grandma Peden's Porch blogspot, listed to the right of my blog. BTW- do you all know you can enlarge these pics by clicking on the pic. Well you can.

This is Carol's wooden ware. I love the basket hanging with the sweet annie, but my husband is highly allergic to sweet annie {sigh} Also, if you look between the pickets, you'll see a bee skep linoleum rug. Love it.

Marilyn decided she needed one of my aprons. Well, it looked so good on her she wore it all day. You see, if she wears something like that all day, it looks like part of her outfit and everyone loves it. If I wear something like that all day, people would remind me that I forgot to take my apron off when I finished in the kitchen.

I decided to do some trading with Marilyn. This is a pillow that she embroidered, stained, and it has a wire in the top of it to hang it up.

I also traded for this wool needle book. It's a book that has blank material pages to hold my needles when hand sewing. So cute.
I also met some interesting people this weekend. One of those people is Ronda, who has a blogspot - The Crafty Crow. (listed to the right) She is another primitive make by hand artist. I am not so much into primitives, but I learn a lot of stitchery from these people and I just love being in their company.
More to come later....
Cindy

1 comment:

  1. WOW ME TOO!!! I HAVE SO MUCH FUN WHEN WE ALL GET TOGETHER ISN'T IT GREAT TO BE A GRANNY BEE?I ALSO AM BLOGGING ALL WEEK ABOUT IT TOO!!! MARILYN =0} p.s. thanks for the kind words
    TOOTLES MARILYN

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy