In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Friday, August 27, 2010

Recipe for Apple Walnut Delight

Apple Walnut Delight
12 cups apples, chopped into small pieces
6 cups sugar
1 cup maple syrup
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. allspice
½ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. ground cloves
1 cup walnut pieces (more or less according to your taste)

Combine all ingredients, except for walnuts, in a large pot.Bring to a boil.Then cook raidly to a jellying point. Add the walnuts and mix well.Leave a quarter of an inch head space when filling the jars. (Use small jars.) Process 10 minutes in boiling water bath.

This recipe came from Rebekah Teal, the City Farmgirl from Mary Jane's Farm website.

Cindy

1 comment:

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy