In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

No-Bake Cookies

No-Bake Cookies
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cocoa
2 cups sugar
1 tbs of vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
3 cups quick oatmeal
Mix butter, milk, cocoa, sugar & vanilla together in a pan. Bring to a boil and boil one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup peanut butter and 3 cups oatmeal. Mix well and spoon onto wax paper to set.
I usually make these cookies rather small. They are rich, but very good. For Easter, I made them bigger, dipping them out of the pan with a medium size cookie/muffin scoop. Then I took a teaspoon to indent the center for jelly beans.

The recipe was given to me by a special babysitter I had when I was young. I've had this recipe for about 30 years and it's in her own handwriting. Whenever you can get someone to write out a recipe for you, treasure it.
Cindy

2 comments:

  1. i want to try those! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. You should try them. They really only take about 15-20 minutes to make and they are so yummy. I would make them smaller than what you see in the picture though. And you do have to give them a few minutes to 'set-up' before you peel them off of the waxed paper. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy