In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Winter Woolen Workshop Day One!

As you can see...
  there was standing room only at the Winter Woolen Workshop yesterday.  There is one more day today, and I highly recommend you attend, if you can.  And I want to apologize to anyone I might have been chatting with, then suddenly I quit....I hope I wasn't rude to anyone.  I'm sharing a booth with my friend Leslie, and we are teaching little Make-it Take-it classes, and while one teaches, the other watches the booth.  It's all a little overwhelming!  I met a neighbor out here where I'm living now, and I chatted with someone who took the beekeeping class last week, plus I'm seeing lots of friends.
 Fun times.
 Lots of wool....(would you look at that bag!)
 and adorable birds.
 and baskets
 and roving
AND ROVING!  TONS of roving for sale in the booth (above).
and body butters and soaps...and peeps....this is just on the first floor.  I didn't make it upstairs with my camera.    I did visit though, and try on some Vintage Clothes from Burlap to Silk designs and chatted with Nicki about some stuff she has for sale.  Nicki is very popular at markets and online, so you might want to check her out at The Vintage Farmhouse.  She JUST NOW updated her online shop!  And I didn't make it to the Seiberling Mansion at all.  

 
I must say the event has had a little bit of drama!  The one on the left thinks she's so tough.  She..is...not!  It is Febru-scary though, and she likes to take this micro-month of 28 days and turn it into a Macro-month just because it's her birthday month! 

 In the end we discovered that yarn and pottery goes well together! (I'm actually just kidding about the drama, we all are having a great time together)
 
 But you gotta have a little fun.  Granny Bee (who does not look like a Granny) takes it all in stride, well except for the one time I saw her outside taking some deep cleansing breaths!!!
 Speaking of The Granny Bee...her and Ali Strebal Designs are occupying the front room of the house...
(sorry about the blurry pic - it was difficult to take it quickly without people in the way!)  Anyway, these two have everything and anything you need to get started in rug punch, rug hook, punch needle, needle felting, etc. etc....you can get it here. 
 Cool Punch needle owl by Ali Strebel.
 People have been enjoying the make it take it classes....and I went upstairs to the classroom and it was FULL!
 
 This little faerie garden is so cute and you know how I love Patti Beck's pottery.  I hope she doesn't look my way if it comes up missing!  (and that is a Love in a Puff voluntarily growing in this garden!  It can't wait for spring either! She has a gorgeous hyacinth in her booth too, in the most cutest pot, that smells heavenly)  I got the wants, but peeps, I'm trying to not buy anything.  I know!  It's hard.  I hope I don't cave today.

  Ok so I gotta ask you a question....Yesterday morning I was hurriedly pricing some last minute things before opening.  And as I was pricing the bags I suddenly couldn't find my scissors.  I looked and looked and looked.  So did Leslie, my booth-mate (hey I just made that up, I like it!) I panicked!  I needed those scissors for the make it take its and I was expressing my disappointment (ha! I like that too!) about having to drive all the way back home for scissors...blah blah blah...when one of our booth neighbors said," you can use mine all day, I don't need them."  As the day was over,
 I found them.  Then I was told this is one of the first few stages of alzheimers!  Losing everyday items.
 Should I worry?  

Hey, if you can make it to the Winter Woolen Workshop, you should come.  We are having so much fun and I'd hate for you to miss out on it!
Cindy Bee

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your Beautiful Pictures and your wonderful text! I think you should be The Winter Woolen Workshops official Historian/Story-teller! I'm just sharing your entire blog to mine! Thank you, Thank you! Oh and you and your Booth-mate WILL be teaching a Full-on Class next year seriously! Thank you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy