In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Friday, September 13, 2013

A recipe using HONEY!

I have a recipe for you using honey!

Toast bread.  
Spread peanut butter on bread.  
Spread honey on bread.  
Slice an apple.  
There you have it!
BREAKFAST!
(teehee)

And if you have a bit more time...here is another recipe using honey. 
(I will post entire recipe below pics so you can copy and print if you want to)
I got the recipe from the box of Hodgson Mill Unprocessed Wheat Bran (but I made a few changes)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Lightly grease 9x13 inch pan.
In a large mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, peanut butter, honey, butter, and vanilla; blend well.


Stir in oatmeal, oat bran, wheat bran, sesame seeds, walnuts (optional) and salt

Press mixture evenly in prepared pan.
Bake 15-20 minutes or until light brown.


I melted some chocolate chips.  I always use the stove top and a pan instead of the microwave.  I don't always use a double boiler.

 I stir the chocolate the entire time.  It's important to stir it so that it does not burn.
 

I drizzled (or spread) the chocolate on the granola bars AFTER they came out of the oven.


 You MUST let the granola cool completely before cutting or they will crumble.  
They are a bit crumbly anyway. 
 Yields 24 bars.  They are delicious peanut butter yummy goodness.  I prefer them WITHOUT chocolate.  I know...I can't believe it either!  I felt they were too rich with the chocolate on them.  Maybe I just used too much chocolate.  A drizzle would have been ok.


Chewy Granola Bars

1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup peanut butter, crunchy
1/2 cup honey (their recipe calls for corn syrup)
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 tsps. vanilla
1 1/4 cups oatmeal
1 1/4 cups Oat Bran
1 1/3 cups Unprocessed Wheat Bran
2 Tbsps. sesame seeds
1/2 Tsp salt
I added a handful of walnuts (optional-original recipe doesn't call for walnuts)
I also added the chocolate (but prefer them without)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Lightly grease 9x13 inch pan.  In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, peanut butter, corn syrup, butter and vanilla; blend well.  Stir in oatmeal, oat bran, wheat bran, sesame seeds and salt.  Stir in nuts (optional)  Press mixture evenly in prepared pan.  Bake 15-20 minutes or until light brown.  Cool completely before cutting into bars.  Yield: 24 bars.

 Enjoy!

Cindy Bee

 PS.  Can someone tell me how to put my :Cindy Bee" Facebook page on my side bar using one of the gadgets?

4 comments:

  1. Oh now you did it I am so hungry I am licking the screen:) Great recipes. Wish I knew about facebook I have an account I have neglected and have no idea whether to keep or dump. Good luck. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want those granola bars! Maybe I can talk 3M into making them for me???

    HAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, Even I can do the first recipe.LOL. That's how I like honey, on toast. Hope all is well in your neighborhood. Did you get some rain...we got less than a 1/4 inch. Enjoy your weekend. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy