In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

First Day of Spring

First of all, I'm a little late, but Happy Spring everybody! Last Saturday, March 20, was the first day of Spring, which is my favorite season. What did you do?

I finished a scarf I had been knitting. I love the colors, it reminds me of the ocean. As you can see it's made up of four different yarns and it's a plain garter stitch, but I used big needles. Using bigger needles than what is called for is a great way to make a light-weight, airy, scarf. And putting several yarns together adds texture, and helps use up some of the stash!

Then my husband and I went to a rummage sale. First one this year and a great way to start the spring season! I got a couple of shirts, a linen table cloth, an apron, some stuffing for sewing projects, a frame thing for some kind of lace, of which the name escapes me right now, (nor do I know how to use it) and a bundle of old dishtowels that will mostly be used for rags, but there was a pretty hanky in it and this.....

Does the year 1966 mean anything to anyone? And do you want this cloth calendar? I only have one, so let me know quickly! I was thinking, if you didn't want to hang it on the wall, you could make a bag of some sort out of it. (I'm a bag lady, as well as a bee lady!) Or maybe a pillow???
I also visited with some friends at a stitchery group that I belong to called the "Granny Bees", before coming home to finish packing for a trip. We left on Sunday and just returned in the wee hours this morning.


Can you guess where I went? Remember, pictures can be deceiving!
Cindy
PS - I think it's called hairpin lace...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy