In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Friday, January 2, 2015

The start of a Happy New Year!

 I admit...I'm a list maker.  Is anyone else out there inspired by clean calendar pages....
a new calendar...
a new year....
a new beginning.
I usually make lists on a weekly basis of things that need to be done, and I write them in a composition notebook.  This year I decided to use a real calendar.  
I read on a blog not long ago about someone who writes down three things "to do" a day.  When he finishes those three things, he does what he wants.  I love the idea.
There is someone in my life who looks for the negative. It started out simple enough, with a complaint here and there, but now it's full-blown negative.  I thought about having a chat with her and suggesting she look for one positive, inspiring, happy, thing a day. And write it down.  
I have not talked to her yet. 
But I decided before I suggest she do it, I do it.  
I've done it before and I know it helps.  
I've started a hashtag on Instagram #cindybeesinspiration
(I can be found on Instagram under cindybee58)
I'm going to try to post one thing every day that inspires me and is positive!  Join me if you want. 
 It'll be fun, and guess what?  It can't hurt!  
Post in my comments or on my Instagram post if you are going to do it so we can all follow each other!

New Years Day
 Growing up Mom always said you have to have cabbage on New Years Day for good luck.  Well, yesterday my Shug decided we were changing it to chicken & dumplings!!!  LOL!
 
I told him he'd have to help if that's what he wants.  So I made the dough, he rolled it out

 and cut the dumplings...

we took turns dropping them into the pan of chicken broth (he cooked the chicken too!)

YUM!  I decided I'd start my diet Monday!
This is the recipe we used, which came from his Mom.
I also finished an infinity scarf I started a couple of weeks ago.  I decided for the new year I am finishing my WIPs.  Yes I am.  If I don't finish them, I'm tearing them out!  I'm serious about this!

From your positive, happy, inspired, dumpling, serious Blogger friend,
Cindy Bee

PS.  Connie at Crafty Home Cottage is having a give-away...or two!

5 comments:

  1. I like your dumplings! Nice and thin, just the way we like ours! Mother would say to have some flour left on the dumplings from rolling the out, as that would thicken the broth a bit while they were cooking. I don't seem to follow the same procedure any two times.:-) Yes, chicken and dumplings would be a good way to start the year! We did have our black-eyed peas and collards, though.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like lists...I love lists..ticking stuff off when they are accomplished is the best feeling!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. January , I begin cleaning up the Christmas clutter, then the list making begins !

    I like your idea of challenging ( gently ) your friend to think of at least one good thing. One step at a time is all it takes. I like your idea of listing it publicly and may steal it for my blog ! Happy New Year, and send some of those chicken dumplings my way, I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Negativity just needs to be turned around...:) JP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy, I love noodles but I just don't seem to like dumplings....unless it would be our mom's famous peaches and dumplings....which of course was cut up biscuits from a pop open tube,.LOL. I like that your sweetie helped you. You two make a great team. Cindy, I do try my best to look for joy and even to make others happy...it's not always easy. Negative people are hard to be around at times. Bless your heart. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy