In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Weekend with Nieces

 I still haven't finished my Christmas tree bunting... busy time of year, but FUN!
 Over the weekend, on Saturday, we went to my Mom's family reunion.  It's in a town about a half an hour away.  We rent a hall, although sadly attendance was very low this year.   Two of my nieces came, and put on a puppet show.
 Which was enjoyed greatly!  There were even a few ad-libs that I laughed at!
 Such drama!


The original plan was for me to have all four of my nieces, but two couldn't make it, so these two came home with us, to do our annual tradition of going to the We Care park.  But first, they HAD to craft.  We made little gift tags for Christmas packages with hole punches, and markers, and rubber stamps, and ribbon.


 And as soon as it got dark enough outside, off we went.  Brrrrrrr.....
 If you ever get a chance to go to this park, you must.  It is an entire block and just FULL of lights.
   
  If you want to know more about why this park is here, read this post.
 
 It's just amazing.  I get goosebumps every time I go.

 You can walk through it, or drive.  We always walk.  You experience more that way.
 

 You always get to pick a stuffed toy off of the We Care tree.




 
After the We Care park, we came home to watch movies.  I told the girls to put their pj's on and we can watch a movie until we fall asleep.
 The younger one said, "It is an adult movie, or a kid movie."  I answered it was a Christmas movie, to which she said.  "Well if it doesn't have princesses or barbies in it, I'm going to sleep.  I'm tired!" 
 
 The next morning my Shug cooked some breakfast....well....I did help a little. 
 I took the above picture from our bedroom so you can see what fun chaos it was!  Now what you cannot see in these pictures is I have elves everywhere! Some are old, some are new, they have always been a part of my decorations. 
 But apparently they are "real" now.  And they were being very mischevious this past weekend!
 I told the girls they are usually very quiet, and the elf magic must just happen when they (the girls) are here!
 When one of them got home, she called me to tell me that one of the elves was in her backpack!
 I have no idea how that happened!
 But apparently, two of my elves decided to go home with the girls because two elves jumped ship and stowed away in their backpacks!
 And they are now causing mischief at their homes!
Had to show this cute picture.  Good commercial for Steak and Shake huh?
 And now....the woooolllllly Christmas tree mess!!!  Lordy peeps, I've been told I am a wool hoarder. I believe, I believe it!  If you want to see all of the things you can do with this wool, check out my board on pinterest under Fun with Felt (or Wool).

Cindy Bee

3 comments:

  1. Cindy, It looks as if you have been very busy. So sweet that you get to enjoy the girls. You are good to them. Hope you have nice weekend. I hate that we are getting snow, these temperatures are awful. Makes me sad for everyone who need to work on their home. I know I am blessed. Take care, stay warm. xoxox,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The park is a fabulous idea.It makes caring for others fun...and it's a great message for the younger set!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful park - so magical. I love your elves, they do look mischievous! Philippa xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy