In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Memories and a Recipe!

Peeps....here's the thing.  It's about the memories.  It really is.  So if you don't have your shopping finished it's ok.  No one's going to remember the gifts in 20 years, they are going to remember the memories.  Just make sure you make some memories. I hope to be back here before Christmas but in case I am not, I hope all of my Blogger Friends have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

So, I got a text from a friend who needed help. I told her I'd come over and help her wrap her Christmas presents.  We had so much fun that we decided to make this a tradition.
There was serious head bonkage going on with empty paper rolls!
 Can you tell what this is?
Still working on this...not sure it'll be done for Christmas.

 This is the first time I've ever made turtles...Recipe courtesy of Pam Williams.  Thank you Pam.
 Lay out three pecans, pinch off some caramel, (don't bother melting it)
 Melt the chocolate.  I don't use a microwave to melt it because I want more control over it.  I've burnt it before in the microwave.  Nor do I use a double boiler.  I just take it off the burner before the chocolate is completely melted, and I never stop stirring.
  Spoon the chocolate over the caramel and nuts and viola'.  You have turtles, that you have to hide or your Shug will eat them all!
 Trying to finish up this Christmas tree bunting.  I had to pin it and spray it because it was curling up.  We'll see if it works.
 Yesterday I went to the Murat with my Sister, Cousin, Mom, and niece, along with several other people to a gospel brunch.  Yum and Wow!  You shoulda heard this lady sing I Will Always Love You By Whitney Houston. 
  
Check out some of the decor in this place.  Stunning.

 
 Vickie called this man "Chia man!"
 Family photo.  Me, Vickie, Taylor, Mom, Theresa

On the way back to my house, I asked Vickie if she'd ever been to the We Care park.


  
She has now!
 I've been making some cotton dishcloths.  I think next year, I will be making these up to sell.  They seem popular.  The pattern comes out of an old issue of Crochet Today magazine and I changed the yarn to any cotton dishcloth yarn and a bigger crochet hook.
And now for the yellow picture at the top of the page.  It's Slush Punch Freeze.  It's not too late to make it for Christmas.  And it would be perfect for those of you who have warm weather right now, but we're tough, we drink it even in the cold weather. (speaking of weather...we had rain rain rain and more rain, but I don't think we flooded anywhere.  I haven't heard that we have anyway.  And now the temps have plummeted.)

Here is the recipe for Slush Punch Freeze

 7 cups Water
2  cups granulated sugar
1-6 ounce can frozen orange juice
1-12 ounce can frozen lemonade
1 1/2 cups Brandy

Mix all together and put in freezer.  The next day, stir the frozen mixture.  It'll look like the picture above - slushy.  You can stir it every day to make sure it's all mixed up.
To use it you fill a glass half way with Slush Punch Freeze and half way with ginger ale or 7-up. Stir and drink and stir and drink some more.  I don't know of anyone ever getting drunk on this mix.  The brandy is very diluted.  Enjoy.

Cindy Bee

PS - I might start sharing bits and pieces several times rather than long posts. They take too long.  And I'm excited about some games I've made up for this year.  We have game night at our house on Christmas Eve.  I'll tell you about them if they turn out.  But now, I must finish Christmas presents, bunting, and cookie baking!

3 comments:

  1. I used to make a punch like this for the holidays. Not brandy though. I should see if I still have it. And you are right no one gets drunk on it but it is tasty. Looks like you have been busy getting ready for Christmas and enjoying the memories. We really dialed it down on the presents this year and I think our family gathering we had yesterday was the best yet. We got just enough snow over the ice crusted snow from the sleet for all the grands, niece ane nephew to go sledding down the hill and behind the snowmobile. I sat at the big window and watched and had hot chocolate and get this ice cream ready for them when they came in. What a combo huh? But there was a lot of home made cookies and candy and they all had so much fun. Many blessings to you and your family! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, The wrapping looked like a fun time. I love the Murat temple. I am so thankful we didn't have flooding. I am sorry that some places did...what a mess any time..but here at Christmas makes it sadder. Surely Indiana deserves some federal aid. Wishing you , shug and your families a very Merry Christmas .xoxoSusie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely to see that in the frantic run-up to Christmas you still had time to help a friend and make new memories. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year, and a happy and healthy 2014. Philippa xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy