In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Saturday, December 1, 2012

A very special day

 Two special events in one day!
My niece had a birthday party last night.  Instead of getting gifts for herself, she asked her friends to bring donations for our Humane Society.  They made such a haul, that the Humane Society got a wheel barrow out, and we also carried some stuff as well.
 They completely filled up this table with donations.
As a special surprise, the humane society gave my niece a gift.
 And some yummy cupcakes!
But the best part was they let her and her friend play with some kittens, and name them!  
Meet Simba and Nala.
They also let them take a dog out and play with it.
An extra special day for an extra special kid!  I hope this idea catches on.

I spent the rest of the day at Groovy Girl Yarn.  She is having a Christmas open house today and tomorrow.  Here is the lobby full of hand made items for sale.
cupcake pincushions...
an owl ornament, which could also be used as a pincushion.
 
 crocheted ornaments
 Christmas pillows

 hats
lip balm made by the bee lady from Hilltop farm! 
$4.00 a tube, natural ingredients, peppermint and lavender flavor.
There's a whole lot more hand made items for sale. Great stocking stuffers and gift ideas.  Stop by Sunday between 11 - 6.

Pepper?
What are you doing up there?
Get down from that snowflake!
jeeeesh - goodnight everybody....

Cindy Bee

9 comments:

  1. what a precious niece! and a wonderful birthday that gives back♥
    I so want to stop tomorrow at the Groovy Girl I just dont think I will make it....
    Im a loser!
    Love you all though♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. janis - Ya Loser! Just kidding ya girl...you would have had fun though.

      Delete
  2. You all are lucky to have such a neato kiddo in the family.....I wish more kids were like her....I wish I could take that Pekinese,,,,but Rosie would kill me...I wish for a kitten , as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your niece is obviously one in a million! Enjoy the open house at Groovy Girl's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your Niece is amazing she is certainly a loving beautiful soul.
    Love Groovy girls variety of goods. Love the cupcakes.
    Wish I lived closer I go through a lot of lip balm here in the winds of Canada. Bee Lady made awesome. B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy, What a fun thing for your niece's birthday. I am so pleased that she was excited about it. You girls have fun today:):):) I know you will. Smiles, xo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cindy, wow, what a beautiful niece you have.
    Such a lovely thing to do.

    And Im so impressed with your lip balm. Well done.
    We had our fundraiser for the orphanage last night, which we raised $5000 for the kids, and sold loads of paper jewellery, so life should be calm again for a few months. I will post photos when I recover energY
    cheers
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for a birthday! Have a great week Cindy Bee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Are you an often online user or maybe you are more into being offline?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy