In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Turning 60 this year.....

Some friends of ours own a banquet facility, and a couple of weeks ago,  they decided to have a party at the facility for all of their friends turning 60 this year.  We were allowed to invite our family. 
She also asked us what our favorite cake is, that she was going to make it. 
Chocolate was already taken, so I chose cheesecake.  I don't know that I actually have a favorite cake, but I love most things chocolate.  And I do love cheesecake.   And chocolate covered strawberries, which were yummy.  And there was a delish strawberry cake there!


She had everyone turning 60 come up front and they sang Happy Birthday and we blew out the candles on our cakes!
 My Shug actually turned 60 last October, but she had him come up anyway.
 Here are the family members that could attend.
They had a DJ there playing music and when they played something from Saturday Night Fever, we pretended to dance. 
That was our era!  
 And I love these pictures my niece took because they look like we really can dance.
 We cannot!

So this is our friends.
My Shug has been friends with these guys since 5th grade.
I have been friends with them since I started dating my Shug,
however I've known a couple of them since 8th grade, which is when I actually met my Shug.
We were just friends back then.  As a matter of fact, in high school, My Shug dated a friend of mine (not pictured) and I dated a friend of his (not pictured) and we double dated, several times!  But we never dated each other....
So I guess this turned into a little love story, perfect for Valentine's Day.
Love this family,
Love these friends,
Love this guy.

Cindy

AND PS...I DON'T TURN 60 UNTIL JUNE!

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to you, isn't it funny how things turn out.
    I met my husband in 11th grade, love at first sight, for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I always wished for a life spent in one town with friends from childhood carried through adult life. As a child we moved around almost every winter for at least 5 months of the school year. So, making friends that lasted was not happening. I think this is wonderful; you all have so much in common and so many shared memories :)
    Happy Valentines and Happy Birthday!!!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great birthday celebration - spent with wonderful friends and family! Love that you got to pick out the cakes, too! Amazing that you've known each other such a long time, too. I met my husband when I was 13 and he was 15. I'm always amazed at how many couples met when so young and are still together. Maybe that is the key! :) We just joined the '60' club a couple of years ago - it's a good club! I kept going to your old blog, but decided to check out this one and I am glad I did. I'll put you on my blog roll so I don't miss any more posts. xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to all those wonderful people. I am so glad you ended up with the Shug man. You two look great together. Cindy, I think of all of your family as the party people...I think a party erupts where ever you go. LOL...that because people love to be around you. Stay 59 and a half as long as you can. LOL. Blessings, xoxo, love , Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow !!! absolutely fantastic blog. I am very glad to have such useful information.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy