In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

A Sunday morning chat, posted on Tuesday evening!

Sunday morning, I was awake, the sun was shining in our room, my Shug was trying to sleep, so I quietly got up and decided to blog.  By the time I downloaded pics from my camera, and phone, to my computer, and then downloaded some of them to my blog, my Shug was up and our day was started.  Here's the thing with him on afternoons.....I don't sit down in the evenings until it's late and I'm too tired to do anything...blog, crochet, whatev...peeps. I used to get up early in the morning and get on the computer.  I don't get up early anymore because we stay up late. I like his new hours, but I'm having a hard time figuring out when to blog.  So please forgive me.  I'm trying.  I'll adjust eventually and get caught up on my blog and reading yours.  We are still living in one room while we build our house-which is what we do during the day.
 Our windows face East so the sun shines in and wakes us up!
So I thought I'd tell you about the FUN stuff I did last week or two.  Besides crochet, which always deserves a post of it's own.....
On Friday, I went to Nicki Winkles, The Vintage Farmhouse, new store with my friend, Teresa.  It was a preview and I got this small tablecloth which I think might have tatting around the edges.  Anyone out there tat?  I'm not sure if that's what it is or not.  I love it though.  I also got some wonderful smelling soap and some shells.  The plate came from Goodwill.
So did this little house lamp.  Fall
Summer (it has four different seasons/sides with lots of details)
Spring (I was going to use it as a house for a fairy garden)
Winter (but my Shug really liked it for a night light type lamp)
Cake plate cover.  I have lots of cake plates and I always buy covers when I see them.  You can use them for any food, not just cakes, and any plate.  They are especially nice if you have food outside.
This crazy metal fish!  I might hang it up out by Coral Belle!
I plan on putting this big bug out on a tree by Coral Belle. (I can't wait to decorate around her with fun stuff)

My hyacinths popped open - again!  They smell lovely!

On First Friday, I went to The Granny Bee's studio and spun with a friend of mine. 

We were experimenting with plying.
I LOVE the yarn I made! 

Lastly, I stopped by Mom & Dad's the other day....Mom's decorating her bush again!
Click here if you missed the story from last year.

I will leave you with this! One of my hives over the weekend!





Happy Bees!  Happy Bee Lady!

Cindy Bee

5 comments:

  1. The kidling walked past as I was reading your blog... now I have a damp shoulder from her drooling over the yarn, lol.
    The Great Scot and I have a similar schedule and I generally blog in the last couple of hours before he gets home, otherwise I'd never get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jacque, I meant to ask everyone when they blogged. I'll try sitting down earlier to blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just read "The Secret Life of Bee's," by Sue Monk Kidd very interesting. I am guessing you will have read it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read it and love it! I need to read it again. Thanks for the reminder Gill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy, I think about you out in the woods there. I am glad the bees are buzzing. Sounds like you are always busy. I jump on the computer every time I get a few minutes, check blogs or leave comments. It's more entertaining than TV. Might see you at Horton's Saturday. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy