1) I got my MIL's sewing machine out...along with the instruction book. She gave it to me when she went into assisted living. I never used it because I had a sewing machine. Well....mine is in the cold part of the house. The studio is the only warm part. So I started reading MIL's sewing machine instruction manual....
Then proceeded to thread and wind bobbin, and pondered upon something small to try it out on, and came across this Mollie Makes magazine from a couple of months ago. You know how they always give you a little project...well, I happened upon this adorable little pup. Said pup comes from Jane Foster, and after visiting her blog, I now want the santa, fox, and a bag, for starters....Go take a look!
I think the pup turned out adorable and I'm naming her Mollie Jane, after the magazine and Jane Foster.
She is a she because I will never have another HE dog. Even though I love my little HE dog.
Here is why.
2) When Blippity Blip (which are taking the place of curse words btw) blizzard exists....he wanders around in circles...
but he will not do his business. The reason for this behavior is unbeknownst to mankind as I have asked many a peeps who have the same problem with their pooch. I love my Dixie Doodle (boy dog with a girl name) to pieces, but this behavior is unbecoming of him in 15 below degree temps.
"noooo, not here" Dixie says.
3)This is outside my studio. You might think you want to jump in it as it looks like a big white pluffy pillow, but you don't. It'll hurt.
4) So...I got some sewing books out of my stash in the depths of the hilltop cottage (the cold room! I'm pretending I live in the hollow of a tree, and my tree goes on and on, you know, like in the lives of the Beatrix Potter or Holly Pond Hill characters), and brought them to the studio to warm up. I decided to make a bag that is in this book that I bought several years ago.
You are supposed to use vintage curtain material for the outer bag and any material for the lining. I have plenty of vintage material. Like...p.l.e.n.t.y. And I have even more 'any' material. I like the bag, but it looks a bit small for me.
So I enlarged the pattern myself, and made this one, which is a bit big for me.
See the difference.
So I re-did the bag, (four times) and now it's just right!
5) I did bake scones, however, to celebrate the fact that Downton Abbey finally started back up. Season four. However, I couldn't stay awake for the entire two hours. We get up at 4:50 a.m. so by 9:00 I'm tuckered out. The scones are delish though.
8) I think this looks like a very fun and cute thing to do with Christmas cards.Click on THIS...not THIS this...that this, right after I think...