In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Thursday, April 2, 2015

We picked it for you Beth!

 Hi everyone.  Yes,  I'm still here. 
 Last week, as you know, was
thee week from hell.  
I still can't believe Beth is gone.
You know how it is for awhile.... 
You go through the motions of every day life, wondering how life can actually still go on as normal.
We don't know yet what is going to happen to our Granny Bee group.
I don't know exactly what happened to Beth...how she died.
For the last two or three months I spent First Friday in her studio.
In February (I think it was Feb) we were the only two there.  I'm so glad I went.  
Tomorrow is first Friday, Good Friday, and the beginning of Easter Weekend.
And I am having Easter.  I'll be showing you decorations and such, hopefully tomorrow.

Here's a good story I think you'll enjoy....
Debbie, K, and I went to the viewing, along with about 800 other people.
Afterwards, none of us wanted to go home.  So we went to eat.  And as we were taking "K" home, I spied a door!  A wooden door at the curb (trash), sandwiched between two other doors.  I asked, "did you two see that door in the trash?  I think it's wood.  I want it!"
K very nonchalantly said, "tuuuuurn aroouuund."
I said, "should I?"
K said, "Beth would."
 I turned around, it took all three of us to lift it and in Beth's honor, I brought it home.
It was Debbie's first trash pick!
 I have to tell you it was the most beautiful funeral I've attended.  
More flowers than I've ever seen.  
Her son spoke.  
He talked about how she would alley pick! 
So Beth....this door is for you! 

And I want to thank Mom for the flowers.
 
Teresa for the shells (yes she found non-Florida shells here in town!)
Debbie for the chocolate mouse tracks ice cream and for coming over when I had a total melt-down.
And Christy for the sympathy card.
My Sister invited me to a movie (I couldn't go).
I have a lot of nice people in my life that care about me.  It feels good.
And thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers.  

Now, My Shug did get to keep his afternoons job and
I think I found a time to blog again.  We'll see.  Fingers crossed.

Cindy Bee

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you got to go to the funeral. Lovely door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able say goodbye... and I think the door may have a gift from Granny Bee.

    Sending gentle hugs; thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth would be proud of you girls, and you done good. That is one gorgeous door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I might have met Beth when I came to meet you that one day a couple of years ago? If not I know from the ladies I did meet that she must have been very special. Your were all so sweet. I am sorry for your loss and so glad for that find of that sad day. Have a wonderful Easter with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brenda. Yes you did meet Beth at the little cabin. I sent you an email telling you that but maybe you didn't get it. Happy Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy