In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Last day in Maine

Our last day in Maine....this was our view every single day. You can see here how far the tide was in.
One night we had a storm.  It was pitch black outside and the lightening show and the thunderous booms was very ominous, knowing this ginormous body of water was right across the street.  I cannot imagine being out on the water during a storm of this magnitude.  Of any magnitude, really.
Friday was a laid back day since we were leaving the next day to fly home.  So first thing my Shug and I did was go for a walk through the neighborhood.  I took a lot of pics of the houses, that I will not bore you with!  But I have to show you this one front yard. If you look closely in this picture (below), you will see lupines.  This ENTIRE front yard was FULL of them.  I think, maybe this is Miss Rumphius' cottage by the sea!  (I don't get amazon kick-backs or book kickbacks, I just thought if you were interested in a great child read, that adults enjoy too, you can read about it by clicking the Miss Rumphius link)

I don't get kickbacks from this store either, but I had seen it as we were driving out of Kennebunkport, a couple of days before, and wanted to go back if we had time.   I go to the same store when I go to Bonita Springs, FL and it's a fun store.  (I actually like the one in Florida better!)
Robert took Mom and Dad and I back to Kennebunkport, so we could visit this store, but the real reason is because he wanted a sandwich from this special place he likes to go to.

And apparently, whoopee pies are a thing in Maine, at least in this area.


So, it was the last day and the rest of the gang hung out at the beach.  And my niece HAD to get in the water.  I think they said the water temp was in the 50's....brrrrrrrrr......but she just HAD to.  Her Mom was in charge of taking pictures, and I was sitting back on a rock watching.  Right when my niece jumped all the way in the water, her Mom turned around to say something or do something!!!  She missed it!


We enjoyed sitting on the chairs across from our beach house.


This view.....




That evening we stayed at the beach house, and ate leftover spaghetti that we made a couple of days prior.  After cleaning up the mess, some of the gang played cards, Robert and Dave watched tv, and my niece and I played around on Instagram.  She was trying to show me how to do videos. 






 One thing you can see in the above few pictures is how close we were to the ocean, and how dark it was outside at night.  During the storm, you couldn't even see the ocean.  

Thankfully, on Saturday Robert's brother John, and his wife Elizabeth, came to help transport us to the airport.  When we flew in, my sister's husband was with us for a few days, so they rented a car.  Therefore, we had a car, and a van rental.  But he left on Wednesday and returned the car.  There was no way all of us AND our luggage would have fit in the van.  Before we left Saturday morning we took a few family pics.









We made it back to our airport, but it was a close call fitting five of us plus all of our luggage into my suv.  Remember, these two came with their husband/dad TO the airport!

We made it home safely!  And this young lady was waiting for us.  She's feral, but we do feed her and I think she wondered where we went because she does not usually get on the porch!
Or...rumor has it our dog sitter made friends with this feral lady and she was sitting on the glider with the cat and the dog!
Cindy

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful vacation. I envy how close your family seems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Cindy! Blogging became boring for me plus life kind of got in the way. It's nice to see you again! I have 3 ferals left out of 7. 3 disappeared and one was hit by a car down at the road. I only have one inside kitty left, Nubby. Mister was an inside/outside kitty and I let him out the morning of March 20th and he never came back home. Out of the ferals, only one is truly feral. He will come up on the porch to eat but he will not let me near him. He's almost blind and pretty deaf. Old kitty. Work has taken over my life but I still read blogs when I'm on third shift or like now when it's slow. (12 hours today) Anyways...glad to see you! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy