In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Bucket List Journal


A few months ago I took a class at a place in town on making journals from envelopes.

The instructor, who happens to be a friend of mine, was teaching it.  She already had the covers finished for us.  And she had tubs and tubs of ephemera to pick from for the inside of the books.
She basically showed us how to take the envelops and tuck them into each other, and glue them, to make a book.  Then you cover them with different paper.

And add paper to the booklet if you want to.  You can make it as fat as you want.
 At the time I didn't know what I was going to use it for, so I just played around.  Then I decided it was going to be my bucket list book.
 I've written a few things in it, but I don't have much of a bucket list.

 The book has little pages you can flip up and write underneath.

 and booklets within the book.

And while I was there and chatting with the lady sitting across from me, she puulled these beads out of her purse and my  mouth fell open.  I asked her if I could buy one and she said I could HAVE THEM!
I wanted to buy this one, and use it for my journal.  I'm going to put a ribbon with this on it as a bookmark.  Anything you add to these journals just make them all the more special.
 And, while I was looking at these beads, I told the lady that runs the place that I think she (the lady across from me) needs to teach a class on making these beads....and she did!  The next month.  And I took it.  So in the next post I will show you how to make these LOVELY beads!!

But first....you have to tell me WHAT'S ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?

Cindy

4 comments:

  1. Wow, can't wait to hear about bead making!! Love your journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, What a fun time. I like the whole idea of that book. I love that bead. On my bucket list...I want to go back to Washington DC and Gettysburg. I also want to see all my grandchildren grown...so I have to stay healthy and alive. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, I wasn't done. I would love to see more on the beads. Hope you are doing well. Maybe see you at Hortons on the 22nd. Blessings to you, xoxo,love, Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy