In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Monday, September 18, 2017

First Friday in September & Chick Flicks!

Wow!  Where is September going?  And what's the deal with the weather? 
I don't know if I should be drinking hot chocolate...
or eating ice cream!
So I'm doing both!!!

We have an event downtown called "First Friday."  I have to admit, I usually find them somewhat boring.  I used to love going, back in the day when I knew a lot of people that attended, and my friend Beth had a studio.  I would sit in the studio and visit all evening long.  I'm a social person, in case you haven't guessed that yet.
 A couple of weeks ago, it was Friday, I had no plans, and didn't want to stay home.   I decided to go to our First Friday event.  I even went into the 'old studio.'  It now has a very nice lady in it that sells vintage and fun stuff.  As I was heading downstairs, this lady was playing the piano, and these two men started singing.  
IT WAS GREAT! 
Not their voices...but the fact that they got up and sang and didn't care how they sounded.
 It was an old tune, and they were loving every minute.

Then I came home with my pizza, popped open some wine, and yes, this was after the moosetracks ice cream cone!!!!  It was Friday after all!  And I was out on a date with myself!

I popped in a chick flick, snuggled with my dog, ate pizza and drank wine.
The movie was
"Letters to Juliet"

Have you ever seen it?
My husband has a saying that if it doesn't have princesses and fairies in it, I don't want to watch it!  I can't help it, I like happy endings.  And in the winter months, I spend a lot of time at home, especially in the evenings....and I need some chick flick suggestions.

My question to you is what are your favorite Chick Flicks?

Cindy

PS.  A few of my favorites are....

I've watched more than half a dozen times!
Under the Tuscan Sun
Letters to Juliet
The Notebook
A Good Year
The Long Hot Summer (which I usually watch in the summer)
The Holiday (which I usually watch in December, along with any other Hallmark or goody goody type Christmas movies)

Have seen more than once....
You've Got Mail
Sleepless in Seattle
Somewhere in Time
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
Winn Dixie
Miss Potter
Out of Africa

Winter go to movies
a little series called Cranford
a big series called North and South
Enchanted April
My House in Umbria
Pride and Prejudice


7 comments:

  1. Cindy, I love some of those movies also. I like movies with kids in them..like Angela's Ashes...You need to see it. Hope to see you this coming Saturday at Horton's. Be sure to look in the sub shop. LOL...in case I am in there. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much into chick flicks, would rather blow something up. But love Pride and Prejudice and Lost in Austen a different take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen Out of Africa and most of the others you listed quite a few times. How about Hope Floats, you should add that one to your list and On Golden Pond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds a perfect Friday night, when we got home saturday teatime from the ferry, we ordered Pizza, opened a bottle of wine, perfect way to spend a weekend night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the impromptu singing. I've seen Letters to Juliet with my sons. It was a while ago now but we loved it. I've seen Pride and Prejudice, Lost in Austen and The Notebook. Quite often I look at the trailers on the dvd and if I like the look of it, order / borrow it from the library. I saw 'Eat, Pray, Love' starring Julia Roberts, this way. It's a long drawn out movie but enjoyable. 'Ps I Love' you is a good movie too from Cecilia Ahearn's book, it has Gerard Butler in it, gorgeous man. Happy watching. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when people sing out loud and don't care who is listening. I wish the world had more brave and joyful people in it. I'm with you . . . hot chocolate and ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy