In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Kay's Scrubbies

 K did it again! 
A couple of weeks ago, we came to crochet group and received a kit from K.
And whether you crochet or not, I'm sure you know about these scrubbies.
I showed you a picture in the last post of my sister holding them.  I gave mine to her for her birthday.
I'm visualizing my mother-in-law smiling down on us from heaven, because she used to make these all the time!

I think these kits make Cheryl all nervous!  Looks like she has a drink and a cigarette!
So funny...because she cannot even be around smoke.  It was just one of 'those moments' when you take a picture and it turns out unexpected.
When K makes up these kits she spends a lot of her time showing us how to do the project.
Bless her heart.
These two (below) did not make scrubbies.  They just pretended.

I have no idea what I did here, but whatever it was Debbie quickly picked up my phone and took a picture.  I think I probably broke the netting.  The pattern for these scrubbies is easy, but working with this netting is another story.  You have to do a lot of finagling.
And I seriously did not get one picture of Debbie!  
She must have just sat quietly and crocheted (probably not)

So here they are, the finished project!

 And Kay said I could share the pattern, so here you go!  
Enjoy...
Cindy

PS.  I have been having internet problems again.  Pretty much since February.  This post took three days to download pictures.  Yep, it's worse than dial-up.  Our internet shuts off intermittently, all the time.  It makes blogging, and reading blogs, very difficult so please bear with me.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely scrubbies! My mother used to be good at crocheting doilies. Sadly, I'm no good at all at crochetting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like them, my Mother-in-law use to make them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these little gems. They work so well and they're pretty, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy