In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Puerto Morales

Hi everyone!!!   
I think maybe I've taken a long enough blogging break!
I wanted to tell you about a trip we took a couple of weeks ago. 
We went to a little seaside fishing village town in Mexico, called Puerto Morelos.  We have never been to Mexico before, and I have to tell you I loved it. 
The main question I was asked, "Did you feel safe?"  Yes we did.  But this is a little village type town, there were 20 of us, and we were told by a local that this town has it's own "presidente'" and SHE has worked hard for them to all "feel like a village, work together, and help each other out."  Sounds like a woman, huh!

So let me show you some pics....
 We stayed in a house, actually, two houses. They were side by side, full kitchen, living room, five bedrooms and five and a half bathrooms.  Each bedroom had a full bathroom in their room.  And this was the view out of either house.  From the kitchen you walk onto the patio, jump into the infinity pool, or walk on the beach or swim in the ocean.
Our pool...
 The pool next door.  We visited each other often.  This "pool boy" took too many breaks!
 Nap time
hmmm.... Must irritate nappers....
 Male Bonding at it's best
 This child has "waited her whole life to get her hair braided!"
She really has!  LOL!


 That view....
 The best French fries ever, right there on the beach in Mexico!
 hmmm....what's happening on the beach?
 Ohhhh....it's the kids in our group and some of the adults thought it might be a good idea to get a picture of them all jumping up.
Well this guy is having nothing of it!
 So here's an idea....when you have this many kids, don't count on getting a picture of everyone jumping at the same time!!! 
This was hilarious I must say.
 
 Shopping.....(I have to say I learned early on to put my hair up and forget the make-up because I just dripped it off sweating.)


 Twenty of us ate out several evenings and they were always accommodating.  They would pull tables together for us and I don't think we ever waited longer than five minutes.  But it is off season right now.
 Us
 That view....
 Happy hour at Unico and female bonding at it's best!
 
 That view I'm tellin' ya!

Eating again

 Kidlet bonding
 Sister bonding
 My Shug

So...We had no idea Liz was wearing a wig, but we OBVIOUSLY know these guys are wearing it! 



 Even in the rain....this view!
 A different view!
the crooked lighthouse

Yep, our own private pool allowed for adult beverage consumption.  Corona's never tasted better than in Mexico, in a pool, on the ocean.
 So....put your hands together and clap like this....
clap.....clap.....clap  clapclap clap clap to the tune of "car wash"
Someone (my shug) started it....and everytime we would start clapping like that.....
someone would get a "free trip" (see the head secretly under the raft)
under the "car wash".
I know...silly .....but we had fun with it.
And that car wash water was cold. 
The pool water was perfect!


 Us
 Here's another photo taking hint.....
 Just know that when you are trying to get a good picture of 20 people....
 you are never going to get
 one of everyone smiling!
 But it doesn't matter....they are all good!
 Fun times...
 with friends, family, food and fun!


 And....
say it with me....
THAT VIEW!

Cindy

You can get a look at the houses we stayed in by clicking on Casa Margarita & Casa del sol

7 comments:

  1. As always your get together's look so much fun. We are having a heat wave here in UK, hottest day in June since 1976, so I have stopped wearing makeup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marlene, I don't blame you! Why bother when it's just going to drip off!! I hope it cools off for you soon.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fantastic vacation. We've bee to Mexico a number of times and always had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip . . . you guys are jet setters. you travel more in a year than I do in a lifetime . . . can I hide in your suitcase next time? Really I think it is wonderful that you travel in groups and stay together . . . that has got to make your trip much safer. Smart Thinking!
    Gorgeous beach and pool, what a view!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow how nice a family vacation! I loved your pics.hugs cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy, Great family fun. The men in the wig...so darn funny. I have been to Mexico for week and then again on our cruise stops. I snorkeled both times. Love that. At least the Mexicans working the hotels and places spoke English. :) Blessings, xoxo, Susie
    p.s. French Market at Horton's the 7th & 8th of July

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy