In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Five on Friday - The Month of May!

I'm joining Fast Blog for Five on Friday, and I thought I'd share

Five things we did in May!

Since I didn't blog for most of the month of May, I thought I'd show you a few highlights.

ONE

We celebrated Mother's Day and Mom's Birthday! 

We also celebrated my three year old great nephew's birthday!

This is a picture of the youngest and the oldest in our family

Can you believe we celebrated her 82nd birthday!  I hope I look (and act!) this young if I reach 82! 


Mom and Dad and  I spent Mom's actual birthday in the Noblesville/Fishers area.  We went to Barnes & Noble, Home Goods, and Allisonville Nursery.  Dad was trying to decide if he 'needed' this plant.


I loved the Fairy Gardens.


TWO

My Shug and I went on another date!
We went to Beef & Boards in Indianapolis and watched Eliza Doolittle become  a lady!

We weren't allowed to take pictures during the play, but who doesn't recognize her flower cart!  The food was mediocre, but the acting and singing was SUPERB!   If you ever have a chance to see a play at Beef and Boards, GO!
On our way down to Indianapolis, we stopped at Altum's Garden Center.  These three plants reminded me of the ocean, so I bought them.
Of course they had lots of Fairy Gardens too!

And owls were everywhere!
We brought this one home with us.
See the little toad/lily pads I put in the planter.  Well I got those from Patti Beck at Herbs and Clay Pottery and her open house is today and tomorrow ONLY.  She opens three days a year and these two days are two of the three!  Just google Herb's and Clay Pottery and you'll find Patti and her wonderful creations.  I've also done several blog posts on her.


THREE

We had major flooding in the month of May, more than once!


Our entire woods was flooded....more than once!






Pic above and below is our pond.  It's way out of the bank.
The trees and bushes you see below are usually on dry land.
We went down the road to see the flooding (along with the other neighbors out perusing) and I thought it was kind of funny that there was a huge frog in the road, this bluebird was eating all of the worms on the road, and suddenly something started swimming across the road!
 There were a few days when our pond looked like a lake!
 My little Dixie was afraid of all of the storms.
FOUR
I'm still a beekeeper!
I said if my bees died this year (last winter) I was done.  They did not die!


I even got a couple of swarms this season.
and cousin Vickie helped me get them.



FIVE!

5 K and Indianapolis 500 Parade!
These events were both on the same day. 
Me, Ashley, Vickie, Theresa, Taylor
Me, 2nd cousin (Vickie's daughter), Cousin, Sister, Niece
all went on a 5k walk/run (we walked!) in Noblesville to benefit the Boys and Girls Club.
My sister worked at the Boys & Girls Club in Tipton and Noblesville.
Then my sister, her husband and my niece went to the Indianapolis 500 parade.
I LOVE PARADES and have never been to this one.  It was GREAT!
If you ever get the chance....
My sister and I took a selfie with spider man, only he didn't know it!
I probably took 500 pictures, but I will spare you.
There were lots of floats, balloons,

Bands
This is my sister's husband's Uncle!  He is a band leader and his band was in the parade.  What an honor.


All of the race car drivers were in the parade.

Indiana historical vehicles

dignitaries...
Thing 1 and Thing 2!


And one of my nieces!!!!
The young lady on the far end holding this sign is my niece!
And that's my five! 

Check out other bloggers that joined Five on Friday by clicking here!

Have a great weekend!

Cindy Bee

7 comments:

  1. Love your new plants and please tell your dad it's never about needing plants. Brave for sorting the bee's and I don't like the storms either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you Mom is that old, she looks fantastic. Enjoyed you photos, I like a good parade too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of smiles, I like that. Your Mom is gorgeous, I would have never have guessed 82 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. some beautiful family photos, it looks like you had fantastic May. I'm so glad your bee's survived too :) Thanks for joining in with Five on Friday this week, hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your pictures Cindy. Your mom is a very pretty lady. So much rain...hope we do not get that much at once again. Love the garden plants and your rock owl. We used to watch the pork fest parade for about every years...then we kind of burned out on it...once the grandkids got so much older. Went to my twins houses today (Sunday). Just to visit each one. When we got to Liz's , she was not home yet...and guess what, Emma was washing dishes and folding laundry...so I finished the laundry for her and she started making herself some pancakes for lunch...my little Emma Pooh..is growing up. Liz just got home once the dishes and laundry was done...LOL. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. A month full of fun and celebratings and concers too... How luck, that the bees aren't dead! May they have a wonderful summer.
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy