In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

An Evening Chat


 Peeps, I'm trying to get used to a new schedule.  A schedule that keeps me up late, and sleeping in longer in the morning.  I love it, but it's going to take some getting used to.  And I haven't quite figured out when to fit in my blogging time.  All of these years I've blogged in the mornings.  Now when I get up, I eat breakfast with my Shug, and then get busy because the sun is already up...if it's coming up at all.  I'm used to getting up hours before the sun.  And If I don't get busy right away, I get nothing done. So please give me time to adjust.  I feel like I'm running in all different directions right now.  I know that's never happened to you!

So let's just chat a bit.  
I'm by myself right now and feel chatty.
I think my evening blogging sessions shall be chat sessions.
Nothing in particular...get some tea...or hot chocolate with yummy marshmallows like I have.

Do you ever feel like you have to rescue the plants at Lowe's on the clearance shelves?
I do.
They were in these tiny little pots, being terribly neglected, and only 50 cents.





I finally got them repotted.
 
 

OK if you're a 70's child, you HAD one of these plants sprawling all over the place.  Everyone did!  I think it was called a philodendron.  I'm not good with houseplant names, I just know this takes me back to the 70s.  If it lives, I'm going to crochet a hanging planter thingy for it and put it in front of the window.  I never got the hang of macrame' but if I did I would make this plant a macrame' hanger.  It would be so happy in a macrame' hanger...with wooden beads.
 I planted these hyacinths too.  Can you smell them?
 Smeeelllllllll them.......mmmmmm......

I did go to crochet group last week....  This is some Mystery CAL (crochet-a-long) that "K" is working on.
 The rug underneath  is Debbie's.  She had a bit of a rough start.  It was getting all ruffled but it's looking nice now. I want to make one but I can't.
 I can't because I still have WIP's I'm working on...that must be finished before starting something new.  My rule.  I already broke my no chocolate for lent rule.  (Sigh-my shug bought me two packs of dark chocolate)  So anyway, not starting a rug....not starting a rug....not yet.

We decided my Happy Blanket needs something besides just big squares, so I'm crocheting four smaller squares with a border to put next to the big squares. 

My Work in Progress (wip) at home is this blanket.  I had all of the flowers on it, and the backing sewed all the way to the end, and it DID NOT FIT.  Somehow I measured the backing wrong.  So, I spent yesterday evening taking the backing completely off of it, then the flowers.  I'm sewing a larger different backing on it.  It's the yellow sheet in the photo above.  I think I'll work on it in a few minutes.
Another thing I found with this new schedule is I don't have much time to read.  I used to go to bed with my Shug, early in the evening, because we had to get up at 4:30 am.  His schedule is my schedule when you're living in one room.  Well, I couldn't get to sleep so I'd lie there reading (with a flashlight so as not to wake him up.)  I went to the library the other day with high hopes of finding some good movies and good reading material.  They had this little promotional thing going on.  You get a wrapped book, bring it home, open it, read it, fill in the card and return it to the library by a certain date.  The card gets dropped in a box for prizes.  It's a Valentines promo thing.
 Well,
I was all excited to open this....
 Blogettes seriously?  People still write these kinds of novels?  
His hot seeking hands covered her bare hips, gripped them, tugged slightingly, rocking her in a motion she didn't know yet recognized in some primal corner of her soul.....blah blah blah
I am not going to read it.  Do I fill out the card anyway?  I mean....Life is too short to read bad lit don't you think?  Should I just drop it off and not turn in the card?  I dunnno.

Ok so here is my Shug.  I asked him, when he had time (right, he's building a house!) that I needed him to build me a "lazy Kate."  It didn't have to be fancy I said.  
A lazy Kate holds your bobbins of thread that you spin on a spinning wheel, so you can ply the thread into yarn.  Hence, two ply, or three ply yarn. 
 I have one that goes with my Elizabethan Ashford spinning wheel.  Well I also have a Schacht spinning wheel and I thought I could use one lazy kate for both.  No can do.  When I went to ply my thread into yarn, I found out the bobbins for my ashford are much smaller.  So, my Ashford lazy kate isn't big enough to hold three Schacht bobbins.  Makes perfect sense to y'all right?
My Shug made me a lazy kate for my Schacht in no time!  25 cent brackets I bought at a garage sale years ago....a piece of pinewood he collected from an old house....and a rod from a sign that used to be in our yard.  Voila' a lazy kate for my bigger Schacht bobbins.  I could have just bought one but this is much more special, and cheaper.
 Now these pictures are just cute.  My little Dixie Doodle is watching a home show...fixer upper man type stuff!
 And my Shug and my Dixie snuggling.  

Everyone have a nice evening (ummm...guess I chatted awhile, it's 10:00 pm)  I'm going to go stitch some on the blanket and see if I can get interested in a movie.  

Cindy Bee


PS.  Jane, I cannot get onto your blog anymore.  I did send you my e-mail address as requested. 
PSS. After I posted this, I got a message from blogger telling me that blogger will no longer allow sexually explicit content after March 23!  I feel awful!  I wasn't being explicit!  I was just telling you about the book.  Oh my.

18 comments:

  1. What a nice, long, newsy post, Cindy Bee! I've no idea about the crocheting and things you need for your machines, but Shug seems very handy! We're no good for late nights here.

    I am not receiving notice of your comments on my blog in my gmail inbox like I did for awhile. I just wanted you to know that since I always like to respond to comments.

    We are having snowfall tonight. More is expected again tomorrow night.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I emailed you Nellie. Enjoy the snow! Spring will be here soon and you won't see it anymore!
      Cindy

      Delete
  2. You naughty explicit person, you! Whatever would your parents think?!?

    I keep trying to talk my sweetheart into going on day shift. but nope, not happening anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Jacque! But knowing Mom, she'd probably read the book! Just kidding. I think I'm going to like afternoons. We'll see.

      Cindy Bee

      Delete
  3. Love the Lazy Kate and what a cutie your Shug curled up with Dixie. I think having hot chocolate and visiting with you on your blog at anytime is a nice thing. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Buttons. I am going to try to email you tonight.

      Cindy Bee

      Delete
  4. Let me check what's going on..and I'll let you know!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane! And while you're at it could you change the view from your window to green grass, flowers, and sunshine!

      Delete
    2. Did you get my e mail? As to the view...the best I could do is paint the windows green.
      Jane x

      Delete
  5. that was a nice catch up with you. I wouldn't hand the card in. I agree life is too short to read a book when you don't want too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cindy, that photo of your hubby and Dixie is so cute . . . dogs can be so much company. Almost like having a little kid around the house and they can't hide the fact that they love you to death. Every time I look in Butchy's direction his tail starts to wag, LOL. He can't help himself, it's so sweet.
    My neighbor called me on the phone the other day and said to meet her at the fence. When I got there she had two rose bushes that she bought for me at Lowe's on a clearance shelf for $3. She knew that I was wanting to buy some for the yard and had been looking through seed catalogs. It seems very odd that they would be on clearance this time of the year, but I hurried out there the next day and bought 6 more. Now that we have an acre I can actually try my hand at growing roses. We put up picket fencing along the front of our property and I bought climbers to plant by the fence. I think they will look so pretty and old fashioned growing along that fence. Then I'm going to plant a few here and there around our property. The internet has been very helpful; I found a list of dos and don't on growing roses. So wish me luck :)
    We are loving our new country life. We had good neighbors at our old home, but the houses where so close to each other . . . we are enjoying the new found elbow room:)
    Wishing you a great day, you'll get used to the new schedule soon:)
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie. Yes dogs are a lot of company. And my dog is the cutest dog ever!!!
      You will do fine with the roses. I had a rose garden when we lived in town and when we moved Shug dug them up and brought them with us. All but three. He planted them down by our fence and we do very little with them now and they still look great. Sometimes I think we mess with plants too much. There is a rose I'm going to get for our walkout area called a Josephine Droughin. It's thornless, a climber, and is a beautiful pink color. I love it. It's a zone 6 and we are zone 5 but the area I had it in, at out house in town, it did splendid. I think it will do well down here too. I hope! Anyway, good luck!
      Cindy Bee

      Delete
  7. Well, I guess none of us bloggers can use the word "pulsating" anymore then...no more "pulsating" lights, "pulsating" news etc... *sigh*

    On the plus side, your shug sure looks cute cuddling with Dixie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pulsating! Pulsating! Pulsating! Don't ya just love being bad now and then?!!!
      Cindy

      Delete
  8. Lol, I saw something about Blogger and not allowing sexual stuff, and while I was reading" lol. I have not read one of those books in years. I probably would have just returned it also. I love house plants but I have not been so great in recent years keeping them alive in the winter. I move what I have not let die outside in the summer and they become beautiful and then I bring them in the house in the fall and they dry up from neglect. Isn't it great to have a built in handy man. I cannot tell you how many things family and friends have not had to go out to buy because Jeff can figure out how to build it. I sure like your grannies. I am itching to start something for myself. But I am keeping busy with the two CAL that I am making for gifts. Love the picture of your hubs and pup. Cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that photo of your Shug and your dog , you HAVE to put it in your side-bar.

    Your Shug is a very handy man ( and I don't mean "handy" like the quote form that trashy book ), I could use a Lazy Kate like that too. My husband is going to be so excited for me to show him what Shug made for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy