In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Monday, February 11, 2013

House in town and WWW

 Good Monday morning!  

 Last year I was all about Valentine's Day.  I even had an exchange on my blog.  But this year I have been busier than ever working on our house in town, trying to get it ready to sell. 
 And I am staying focused.
 The next two weeks are going to be busier than usual.  Bummer.
But I made a resolution in January to have that house ready to sell by March 1.  It won't be ready because there are outside things that need done, and the weather will not permit. But it's close!
It is almost empty, except for the things I want to sell.  I plan on having an indoor moving sale.  And for the last two weeks I've been painting.

I had to give this room (below) two coats of paint because as you can see, the walls were a "latte" color.

 
I had taken a picture that I liked to the paint store, and matched two colors in the picture.  One color went above the chair rail, and one below.  They say to sell a house, most rooms need to be neutral.
 So I'm painting neutral.
 All of the doors in this house are solid wood and they have glass door knobs.  The house was built in the 1940's.  Lots of character.


 These are attic doors in the upstairs bedrooms.  When I was a kid, one of our cousins had these doors in their bedrooms and we'd sneak off and play in the attics.  I loved nooks and crannies.  Still do...and this house has a lot of them.
 
 

 When you look out this bedroom window,
This is the view.
 
 We have a huge two story garage (to the right in the above picture) and a potting shed (cute building in the back) on a double lot in town.  There is a privacy fence all around.  And that room jutting out to the left (below) is a room we added on that looks into the back yard.  Seven windows and a door, overlooking the pond that we made.  The door opens to a Kokomo brick patio. (sigh)
 We worked on this house and built rooms, garage, and potting shed to be permanent fixtures because we never planned on moving.  Ever.  Shows you how things change in life. 

 This past weekend my Mom, Dad, Shug and I painted the basement.  Actually, my Shug mostly prepped the walls, while Mom cleaned, and Dad and I painted.  If I'm going to have this house ready in a couple of weeks, I need help. I appreciate my parents helping out.

Anyway, the house isn't what I started to post about, but I wanted to show you what I've been doing.  I actually didn't take any pictures all weekend.  I know....not like me.  So I'll have to get pics of the basement.  Those of you that have been in it, will not believe how it looks now.  I used to have it FULL....which brings me to ....
 What I planned on posting about.  
The Winter Woolen Workshop 
and
 a decision I have made about stuff. 
You see, I'm a crafty person.  I like to sew, crochet, knit, scrapbook, garden, bake, spin, keep bees, etc.  And I have gone to garage sales, flea markets, antique stores, auctions etc. for about 25 years now.  I'm to the point where I have too much.  I can't focus on being crafty or doing nature stuff, when it's in the way, rather than inspiring.  So, after moving all of this stuff from one house to the other...

(Buttons for sale at WWW)
 I've decided to get rid of some of it.

As you probably know if you have read my blog for any time at all now, we are building a house (see construction button on side bar).  There is no way everything from our other house (three floors plus a garage and potting shed)  will fit in the basement of the house we are building.  We cannot put stuff upstairs and build our house around stuff.  It's impossible.  So I've decided to sell what I can so it will all fit in the basement.  I need to do this in a hurry because when summer comes, the stuff upstairs will be in the way.

So for starters,  I'm going in with another Granny Bee, and we are going to have a booth at the Winter Woolen Workshop.  In between working on the house and putting things away, I have been pulling some things out that I'm going to have for sale at the WWW. 

 The WWW is February 23/24.  There will be some new vendors this year, adding a different variety of fun to the mix.  I'm excited.
In the next two weeks I will be focused on getting the house ready to sell and I will be showing you some of the things I'm preparing for the Winter Woolen Workshop.  I hope you can make it.  And I hope I can find a little time to blog.  I'll be reading your blogs on my phone...before going to sleep at night.

Cindy Bee

Ps - Does anyone buy Longaberger Baskets anymore?  I sold them in the 80's so I have about a hundred of them.  I really on need about 50!  

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with all that clearing out (selling stuff seems like a great idea to de-clutter!) and all that painting ... I quite like painting, but not to a deadline and definitely only one room at a time with a break of several weeks / months between rooms!! Rather you than me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to sell the 'excess' Cindy Bee.

    Gee, your old house looks like a good one, the new owners will love it.

    cheers

    Fi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy