In my blog I plan to chat about nature, crafts, baking, gardening, beekeeping, family, and whatever else seems appropriate at the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!

Thursday, February 21, 2013

A good week!

My idea of a really good week....family fun, crafting, gardening and baking.  Who could ask for more?
This kid finally got this splint off, and got her cast on, after three weeks.  She admitted to her Mom that yes...she did get on a trampoline once with the splint on, but she didn't jump!  And she did dance in the dance class, that she was supposed to be observing, but she was really careful.  She NEEDED that cast.

I had Christmas with my cousin and sister.  Finally....  We have been doing this for years and years and years, but as the years go by it seems like it's getting harder for the three of us to find time to get together.
My gifts!  That lavender candle is very cool.  When it burns, the "wax" turns into this lotion that you put on your skin.  Let it cool first of course.  It is wonderful.  As is the wine!
I'm going to take this wreath Vickie got me, and put some crocheted flowers on it!  Groovy huh!
I made these for my sister.

And a hat for Vickie but you can't see it very well because of the bright sunlight coming through the window.  I am not going to complain about sunlight right now, but I should have had her move to a better location!

We went to a movie after this and saw Safe Haven.  It's based on a novel by Nicholas Sparks.  You know we all love NS, but I told my Sister, "I am not going to cry.  It goes without saying when you see/read NS, he wants you to cry.  There will be sap."  I said, "It's like if you read Nora Roberts.  Someone is going to get banged against a wall.  It just happens.  You know it will.  And I'm done crying at movies and I'm done getting banged against a wall!"   tee hee  I really did say that!

I did some baking.

 I woke up yesterday and decided I was going to become a vegetarian, so I made some granola bars.  They are yummy and there are a lot of variations I can think of, but I only lasted until noon with the whole vegetarian idea.









I did some gardening












 I told my Shug...you can take the girl out of the greenhouse, but you can't take the greenhouse out of the girl!  I am growing lettuce.  And there are itty bitty teeny weeny tiny winey little white shoots popping up.  Exciting.


And my forsythia is blooming.
And this is the pepper plant I told you about that I found the pod, cut it open and planted the seeds.
I also did a lot of crafty stuff.  I stayed home this week to prepare for the Winter Woolen Workshop which is this weekend.  I turned these ugly trays into chalkboard trays.  This is only the first coat....they are turning out pretty cool.

 
I finished my shugs hat!  Isn't he cute in a slouch hat.


And I dug out all of this stuff for the Winter Woolen Workshop.  I am having a booth this year, in hopes to sell some excess.
  It is stuff I really like, but I have too much.


There is no way I can use it all...and it's hindering my inspiration instead of helping it.
I love using these spools for string.  I know...they are for weaving looms, but I use them to wrap gifts, tie tags on to gifts, or price tags, etc.
I even made some little bookmark business cards and I'm having a blast doing all of this....
























But I am not having a blast with bloggers new format
nor am I having a blast with my new computer,
Love my Ipad though....

Had a hard time getting this post...posted....
geeeeez

Chat later...I am not even dressed yet and I have to go get groceries.  I haven't gotten any for awhile, and we are expecting a storm tonight.  So everyone will be there buying milk and bread.  It's supposed to get in the 40's by Saturday...so the ice will melt.  Why does everyone freak out when we are expecting a storm and stock up on milk and bread?  What do they do with it?

Cindy Bee








4 comments:

  1. A very good week indeed. I was a vegetarian once for two years. Funny now that I think of what I do now. It did not work for me my Grandma says your Irish you have to eat meat and potatoes turns out she was right.
    I wish I was close to your sale i would come. Hope you got your milk and bread and I have no idea why they run to get that no frig no milk:) Take care. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting pictures, hope you've been having good days !!!
    (^.^)v"""

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always in awe of how much you get done! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy .. my week hasn't been half as productive. I'm in a rut, but determined to give myself a kick up the backside and do something fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment on my blog. I enjoy reading them. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cindy